Chapter 4 : Into Diagon Alley

Professor Snape turned towards Professor Mcgonagall with a slight look of distaste and started talking, 

"Professor Mcgonagall, are you of an assumption that I have no better job rather than, to go chaperoning for an eleven-year-old?", 

Hayley's breathe hitched at the man's tone,

"Professor Snape, I would be more than glad to go shop for Hayley, if you are willing to guide all the muggle-borns and their parents, in buying necessary things and spending the better part of your day, at Gringotts, converting pounds to Galleons" said Professor Mcgonagall. Professor Snape appeared to be controlling himself from saying something else and let out a frustrated sigh. 

"Believe me, Severus, you weren't the first choice for this, the others were busier and that's why we need you here" said Professor Mcgonagall.

She turned to Hayley and started talking "Now, you must not wander off anywhere alone and after you have got all the stuff you need, I'll take you back to the orphanage", 

"Ok Professor" replied Hayley. Professor Mcgonagall nodded at Professor Snape and started walking down the narrow lane of Diagon Alley.

"What are you waiting for?" asked Professor Snape as he clocked his head towards a shop named Potage's Cauldrons. Hayley started to take out her letter to hand it to the professor to show the things she needs to buy and said "Er Professor, these are the things we need to get" Professor Snape turned to look at her, having a slightly annoyed expression.

"I think you are aware, Miss Hayley, that I am the professor and that I might have an idea or two about what to buy," said the professor, raising an eyebrow slightly, Hayley, in turn, ducked her head and shoved the letter back into the envelope rapidly.

Once they entered the cauldron shop, the shopkeeper immediately noticed Professor Snape, before he could pose him a question, the professor replied "Here for a student" and with that, the shopkeeper went back to checking the inventory. Professor Snape checked the cauldron from all possible angles before he paid for it. From there they went to the Apothecary. The place was covered with all sorts of stuffs, fangs hanging around in strings, dried roots, slimy things stored in jars, the place smelled bad, but its collection made it fascinating for Hayley.

Their next stop, was a shop named Madam Malkin's robes for all occasions. Professor Snape stopped outside the shop, stating it was too crowded for his tastes. He emptied some coins into Hayley's hands and asked her to go buy her robes and hat. When Hayley looked lost staring at the gold, silver and bronze coins, Professor Snape explained it to her hastily, "The golds are Galleons, silvers are sickles and the little bronze ones are knuts. 17 sickles make a Galleon and 29 knuts make a sickle. Now, off you go."

Hayley stepped into the shop hesitantly, the owner of the shop was a short woman, dressed in mauve clothing. The woman had a friendly smile which helped Hayley in approaching her. "Hogwarts, Dear?" she asked Hayley, to which she nodded. "Step into here darling, I'll take the measurements and alter the robes for your size" said the shopkeeper. Hayley was taken by surprise, when a measuring tape started taking her measurements on its own. After buying the robes, she came outside. "Took you long enough, now plod along, we don't have all-day" said Professor Snape. Hayley couldn't help but think if he was always on a foul mood.

They reached a shop named Flourish and Blotts. Hayley could make out that it was a bookshop from some distance itself, as she could see books after books being stacked up. When they reached the front of the shop, Hayley saw a large banner hanging which read

GILDEROY LOCKHART

Will be signing copies of his autobiography

MAGICAL ME

Today 12:30 P.M to 4:30 P.M

Hayley noticed the mentioned name from her book list, most of the books were written by that author. The titles sounded braggy, but for someone who has written so many books earns the right thought Hayley. She noticed that the shop was a lot more crowded than the other ones they've been to. What Hayley found peculiar, was that Professor Snape did not give a second glance to the banner or the crowd and went up the stairs to the first floor. There he started picking up books in Hayley's list, but looked even more disgruntled, if that was even possible. She even heard him mumbling the words - fraud, dimwit, wanker etc.

Just moments later, a blonde man wearing flashy robes came into view, Hayley presumed him to be Gilderoy Lockhart. People were taking pictures of him with oversized cameras. Shortly she saw Gilderoy pulling a boy, with messy dark, wearing glasses, to take a picture along with him. Professor Snape reached a new height of contempt after witnessing the scene. Hayley noticed that and tried to divert him, 

"Sir, you never told me what subject you teach at Hogwarts?" she asked. Just when Professor Snape was about to answer her question, he was interrupted by the loud voice of Gilderoy Lockhart, announcing that he was taking up the post of teaching Defence Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts. 

Professor Snape curled his lips and his hands formed into fists, as though he was trying to control himself from strangling Gilderoy, right there. He regained some of his composure and started talking to Hayley, "To answer your question, Miss Hayley, I teach Potions at Hogwarts. It might sound easy, but brewing potions is a subtle art, that needs practice, passion, dedication and boundless knowledge. One wrong ingredient or one wrong measure, might invite death to your doorstep," he finished with a grave voice. Hayley listened to him with rapt attention as the professor went on and on about potions, she wasn't bored in the slightest.

Sometime later they both came downstairs to pay for the books. Then Professor Snape's eyes met with a man having platinum blonde hair and a pointy nose, standing outside the shop, along with a boy who looked like the mini version of the man. The man appeared to be nursing his black eye. Hayley did hear some ruckus while Professor Snape was talking to her about potions, she now realised it may have been a fight. 

"Don't wander off anywhere, be here till I come back," said the professor to Hayley, before walking towards the man. It seemed to Hayley, that the Professor didn't really wanted to talk the man, and was just doing it for a formality. The boy standing next to the man, saw Hayley and staring at her, slightly curious. Hayley who saw this, hid in the corner of the shop, not wanting to interact with anyone, for now. Though she did wonder if he too went to Hogwarts.

❃❃❃❃

𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒖𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒉 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓!

𝑰 𝒂𝒎 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒖𝒑𝒅𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒚𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒅𝒂𝒚....👉👈

𝑭𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒐𝒏 𝑰 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒂 𝒔𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒅𝒖𝒍𝒆💫

𝑼𝒑𝒅𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝑾𝒆𝒅𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑻𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 8:00 𝑷.𝑴 IST

𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚!

𝑨𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒘𝒆 𝒄𝒓𝒐𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒅 100 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒔 !!!!!! 𝒀𝒊𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒆𝒌𝒂𝒚𝒂𝒚!!!!

𝑽𝒐𝒕𝒆, 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒆🌟

𝑾𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆❤,

𝑲.𝑻 𝑺𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒕