Chapter One

Raina's POV

Monday

Was that supposed to be there?

How long has it been there?

I narrowed my gaze at the corner of my ceiling, where a huge dark watermark that appeared out of nowhere. Shaking my head then unlocked my phone when I realised, "shit! I'm late!" I groaned, quickly taken a picture of the watermark before hurriedly grabbed my bag and dashed for the door.

This was no way of starting my week.

As I glide out into the hallway, I glanced over to the end of the hallway to where the one elevator would be, noticing it widely opened as some of my neighbours entered. "Please wait!" I yelled, struggling to lock my door. Groaning in frustration, glancing at the elevator.

Finally, hearing that 'click', I scrambled my way to the elevator. However, the closer I got to the elevator, the doors slowly slid, "HOLD THE DOOR!" I yelled, stumbling in my four-inch heels, and the doors were inches from closing. Staring in the gap of the doors, I saw Mr Farmer staring at me with a mischievous grin as the doors closed in my front. Gasping in shock, I knew he had something to do with it. He and I never got along.

Checking the time, I knew I was going to be seriously late because my train heading into the city has left and I was just violently pushing the down button. Mr Ross was going to kill me, I thought to myself, waiting for the elevator to come back to my floor.

An hour later, I jog into office, "WHERE IS MISS LEE!" I heard Mr Ross roars coming from his office, I threw my belongings on my desk and grabbed the papers for his meeting that he was thirty minutes late. "If I get my hands on that woman, I will murder her!" Hearing that I was hesitant, wondering if I should just hide until Mr Ross has calmed down.

My plans of hiding ended abruptly when Mr Ross' office door opened, and he stood in front of me. Quick thinking, I smiled warmly and tilted my head slightly to the side, "Good morning, Mr Ross. We're late for your meeting." I said, he groaned and just walked past me, heading to the conference room. Quietly sighed in relief that he did not kill me, hurried, following behind me.

Bumping into someone, I lift my head; I saw gelled back sandy blonde hair, Mr Ross! I jumped back, talking over his shoulder, "if any of this ever happens again, I won't be hesitant to fire you. Do you understand?"

Nodding my head 'yes', "yes Sir, I understand." I answered before entering the conference room as Mr Ross apologizes for being tardy. Luckily, the meeting went smoothly, but I could not shake the feeling I was forgetting something.

Tuesday

I cannot believe myself; I lost my phone.

Why? Just why?

Wednesday

The day was going smoothly; I woke early, got to work on time, and I had my replacement phone. But despite it all, everything came crumbling my golden blonde hair got entangled in someone's watch and every trying different way to untangle my hair, there was choice than for me to cut my hair. At the end of day, I was in the hairdressers' chair, watching my shoulder length hair turn into a bob haircut.

At least, my pale blue eyes are more visible.

Thursday

Woke up with a terrible headache and flooded with some much paperwork in work. Leaving work later, mostly because of the headache and I was slow to complete my work.

Friday

I still cannot believe I had made to the weekend. After work, I promise I'm going to have a cold drink after everything I had gone wrong this week. Sighing gleefully, I leaned back against my seat on the train as it heads into the city. Mr Ross was having another important meeting with investors, so this must go well and not repeat Monday.