Chapter Seventeen

Raina's POV

This is a hard decision...

The muted blue goes well with my pale blue eyes, but the gold goes with my golden hair. But then my dress for the day was pale green with floral embellishment around the hem. I groaned this was a hard decision, glanced at the mirror, "why do I have so many jewellery pieces?" I asked myself, rolling my eyes.

"Divine Empress, why are you concerned about jewellery pieces? We are just going to the Imperial garden," You Rina said, leaning in to grab a brush on the dressing table. "How about you just wear a hairpin?" She suggested as she brushed my hair.

Slowly turned my gaze to the shelves carrying the boxes, holding all my hairpins and more jewellery. Then my gaze went to the heavy wig, "I don't want to wear that wig." I whispered, glanced back at the mirror.

You Rina chuckled, placed the brush down onto the dressing table, "until your hair grows then you wear the wig for important events and gatherings." She heads over to the shelves, "I wanted to ask, Divine Empress. Is short hair a thing in your world?"

I laughed, rolling my eyes, "oh... It was a funny story. It was lunchtime, and I was in my favourite cafe to grab a quick coffee. While in line, this woman reached over my shoulder to grab her drink and her watch grabbed my beautiful long hair. Next thing I knew, I'm in the hairdresser and had a haircut." I sighed with a smile, remembering that week was my dreadful week that led me to being here. Looking at my hair through the mirror, my hair had grown and getting close to my shoulders. "And to answer your question, in my world hairstyle changes and like clothes, different beliefs and cultures is a playing function to people's choice of keeping hair."

She returned behind me, gently pulling my hair from the temple and slides a white jade hairpin. "we grow our hair out because we believe our hair reflects our life and growth in life. The people in Arriors Empire, they also grow out their hair, but warriors will cut the sides of their head, a mullet. A sign of a warrior spirit." I hummed in interest, "shall we leave to the Imperial Garden?"

Nodding my head and shrugging my shoulders, "let's!" As I stood, You Rina helped me up onto my feet. "While I'm Empress, I'm going to just enjoy my palace life until I find a way back," I sighed softly. "... I'm on vacation."

"Divine Empress, you say the weirdest things..." You Rina giggled as we walked out my palace.

Today was a peaceful and warm sunny day, I did not want to stay indoors and play dress up. I do not want to talk about my new habit of trying out all my soft and elegant royal clothing and jewellery, I'm enjoying my comfortable lifestyle. I wanted to take in fresh breath and joying the warm sun's caress, clear my mind and have a long nap.

Now that I think about it... If I'm going to take a nap, then why did I dress up!? I'm an idiot, I groaned in my head as we strolled over to the Imperial Garden. Entering the Imperial Garden, seeing the vibrant colours of greens, yellows, pinks, reds and purples, strolling into the place—taking in a crisp breath of air into my lungs, sighing in relief. But silence cracked by the thump sound and soft hum of hand claps, glancing at You Rina, who did not know what was happening.

"Let's look," I whispered, and we followed the echo of thumps deep into the garden.

You Rina gasped in shock whilst I stared in awe to Mistress Han Maya, who confidently held her bow and arrow, narrowing her gaze on the target. In a blink of an eye, the arrow hit the bullseye, and the palace servants around clapped their hands. I also clapped my hands, amazed by her grace and archery skills, glanced at You Rina who was gaping, "that's amazing! Don't you think?"

You Rina glanced at me, furrowing her brows in confusion, "Divine Empress, why are you happy!?" She gasped in shock.

"Isn't that amazing?" I asked, confused.