Chapter Thirteen

Raina's POV

Since I entered the world, it transfixed me by its exquisite colours and wonder. Peace and kindness greeted and presented to me, and I had the edge to stay a little more and explore this world like I was on vacation. However, my bad luck followed me into this world, and I got myself 'engaged' to the one known as the Cursed Emperor. A breath of fresh air, he was handsome and mysterious.

My mission to go to the Capital was to see an Omen, who might have the answers to how I may go about getting back to Earth. The world I belong. But despite my interaction with the Emperor, I had to see an Omen to break my 'engagement', though it was mistake—we were told to marry each other as it was 'fate'. I asked the Omens if I can leave the world, good news as I can, but bad news... I don't know how.

Married, entering the palace, and pressure placed on me to fit the Empress appearance. Grace and pride, that was just being uptight nobility, and the desire and thought of finding oneself and position in society through exams and military service. Madness...

"Theatre performance, you can learn history and literature. Also, religion," You Rina said, following beside me as we walked through the garden. Glanced over my shoulder, I see the rest of my handmaidens that followed behind me then glanced at You Rina, "there's a Theatre House the palace love hiring is the best choice to watch. I've seen them and they are outstanding."

That sounds interesting, watching a play to pass the time and possibly avoid the palace life. But... Suddenly stopping in my tracks, I realised, "I'm an Empress..." I whispered with a smirk. "I'm an Empress..."

"Yes, you are, Divine Empress," You Rina said, confused by my sudden revelation.

"I can do and get whatever I want, right?" I turned to face her. Still confused, nodding her head, "I can travel around the Empire and stay in summer homes—Wait, do we have summer homes?"

"Yes—"

"Good! I can just sit back and relax, while trying to figure a way to go back. If it times, then I go just enjoy the high life and be lazy. I need to make a basket list while in this world," I muttered to myself, thinking about what this world could hold. "okay, if I win and you're really a goddess, then give me some 'divine' powers."

After pouring another short, she lifted her glass up to a cheers and smirked, "okay..." I groaned quietly then clicked my glass with hers, "cheers!" She cheered, and we both gulped the drink.

Suddenly, remembering my wish, "or... I should just focus my time and energy on finding a way home." I threw my head back and groaned, annoyed about my thoughts going back and forth. "Ah... What should I do!?" I asked loudly and continued to down the garden path. Stay or go.

"Divine Empress, have you ever thought the whole reason you are here, is for a specific reason and a good reason. Maybe you here to help the Cursed Emperor, not just ruling the Empire but also help him. You are a Divine Empress and goodness to bring balance in the Royal palace." You Rina said, pacing behind me. "Divine and curse, ruling the Empire like one and to bring more ease to the government and people, is by involving yourself in the council like previous Empresses and Emperors had done in the past."

And there it was, responsibility, responsibility, responsibility! Stopping once again in the tracks and groaned loudly, "DIVINE EMPRESS! DIVINE EMPRESS! Never have I wanted to be Empress or married to an Emperor in the first place! I just want to go to my world!" I yelled, hearing a gasp from You Rina. Snapping my gaze to my handmaiden, noticing her gaze was elsewhere, "what are you..."

Turning my gaze, seeing Lady Shen Ava and Emperor Kai Jai staring back my way. Lady Shen Ava's eyes widened in shock as Emperor Kai Jai just stared at me with no glimpse of emotion. "Huh..." I gaped, glancing at You Rina for help, but she still shook.