Chapter Twenty-One

Raina's POV

"Please Divine Empress, forgive me, I had to make you look good, and... And I thought I could get away with it, just like you. Instead, I was Athede," You Rina cried, kneeling down to the floor and was rubbing her palms together. "Please forgive me!"

Frowning my brows in confusion and staring at You Rina, I woke ten minutes ago and realised You Rina was not around. As I was about to freshen up from my nap, You Rina came in a rush, panting heavily, and was on her knees, begging for my forgiveness. "What are you talking about? Get up," I stopped myself from laughing, slowly bending down to help her up.

She shook her head 'no', and still rubbed her palms, "please, Divine Empress, understand—"

I placed my finger on her lips and hushed her; she silenced and widely stared up at me. Closing my eyes, exhaled softly, gulped and opened my eyes, "You Rina..." I whispered, "what did you do? I mean... There's nothing I could do to you?" I asked.

"Your Grace..." She nervously whispered back to me, "I invited His Imperial Grace to dinner with you..."

"Oh?" I stood back up, "... And? What did he say?"

Leaning back on her heels, pouting and her eyes looked around then she glanced back to me, taking a deep breath before breaking back into crying again, "I DON'T KNOW! I could not ask him personally; in fact I asked the Imperial Doctor San to ask for me. Oh, Divine Empress, please forgive me!" She cried again.

"Okay, okay..." I muttered, immediately grabbing You Rina's arms and gently pulled her onto her feet. "Yeah, don't stress about it. Just take a deep," I ordered, and she listened—taking a deep breath. "And exhale..." She followed my order. Nodding, I ordered again, "inhale... and exhale... Inhale... exhale... Inhale... And exhale."

She followed, finally looked calm, "are you okay?" I asked, and she nodded her head 'yes' while her eyes were closed. "You don't worry about the Emperor coming, if he comes then luck is on your side, and if he doesn't..." I shrugged, "... then what bad could happen."

"But are you not worried about your position as Empress?"

"Should I?" She stayed silent; You Rina seriously over thinks things for a sixteen-year-old. I placed my hand on her shoulder to reassure her with a smile, "just go with the flow and cross your fingers." I lifted my free hand and crossed my fingers.

"Divine Empress... What does that mean?" She nods to my crossed fingers, clearly looking confused.

I glanced to my hand then back to her, "it has two meanings in my world... Either hoping for luck on something or it could show lie. And right now, we're using it for luck."

Please don't ask more....

"But how do you know if it's for luck or lie?" Her head tilted like a curious pup.

"Huh... It depends on the person," I nodded my head, agreeing with my quick response.

She nods her head, seemingly she understood me, "Divine Empress, how is it you have some much luck? Most like you have the God of luck and success, Tunsors, on your side."

Come to think about everyone would say that, from how I would smartly talk my way into getting a job or should I say stupidly talk my way, even my career driven parents warned me that my luck in life will soon run out. But I here I am alive... In another world and as an Empress. I gasped in shock, realizing... "This is my bad luck!" I squealed, turning my gaze to a confused and worried You Rina. "My horrible week... Me getting teleported..." I gasped again, "me... getting married! This is the universe's collective string of bad luck that I successfully avoided."