Chapter Thirty-Four

"The Divine Empress had ruined the little faith she had with some council members. She may have Gaia Kingdom and maybe a Divine Empress, but she does not seem to have a leadership skill and confidence. Also, she needs to learn more about the court system then walking into a meeting." Duke Qin Woo Naï said, taking a sip of his tea.

Mistress Han Maya laughed softly, leaning back against her seat and rubbing her growing bump. She smirked evilly and said, "it was just our time. However, ... I have heard Her Highness went to see His Highness after the meeting."

"She must have seen his curse," he muttered under his breath.

"She is still in his palace. That is what I heard before I came here. I don't like where it is going with the two of them," she said. Her gaze lowered to her bump, seeing movement under the clothing, "this child better come soon and alive." she narrowed her gaze, turning to glare.

"Do not rush the future Emperor. We need the time to convince the entire council members that the Divine Empress does not have the skills to be a ruler. We shall use Dawn of Whispering Change celebration to embarrass the Royal couples. You just have to make sure that Her Highness does not have a child even after the celebration."

Dawn of Whispering Change, also known as, beginning of Autumn. It was more like a religious event than a celebration for the people, but called a celebration because family gathering, food, dance performance and loud music. This celebration would take the entire night. The importance of the night would be the prayers to the gods/goddesses and divine beings for protection and to be grateful for the season.

In the palace, though, council members and the entire royal family gather for the celebration, to ensure they represent the Empire and the people. However, the most important role of the Royal family to take part in celebration, from the performance to music, and most of all... The prayers.

"Grand Empress Dowager may think she's getting through Her Highness but is far from it. I heard Grand Empress Dowager has already given the Divine Empress the songs and prayers for the event, but I am confident that she never even tried memorising them." The Duke said, with a sly smirk. "I'm going to make sure the Curse Emperor would wish he was never born once everything goes to plan."

Mistress Han Maya remained silent with a grin. She sighed and shifted in her seat with her arm stretched out. "Once we have turned the council against the Royals and ensured that the Empress infertile. What must we do with the Emperor and Grand Empress Dowager?" She asked as her handmaiden hurried to help her onto her feet.

"I'm already taking care of the Emperor and today has confirmed that my work is working. As for Grandmother, dearest... She proved she's called the Wise blade for a reason, skilled with a blade, skilled in the mind. Her grip within palace is tight, but I made a crack in her walls." He chuckled and stared up at Mistress Han Maya. "Once we get her two puppets, we can get to her."

"It was good to hear you," she said, bowing to the Duke after her handmaiden placed her black coat on her shoulders. She smiled, "I cannot wait for our success."

Duke Qin Woo Naï bowed his head, then took a sip of his tea as Mistress Han Maya walked out. He sighed quietly, "there is a reason Grand Empress Dowager does not trust Mistress Han Maya, and I too don't. We must keep our guard up with her until we remove the Cursed Emperor and Divine Empress and have that child in her belly our under control." He glanced at his trusted servant, who stood quietly in the shadows. "... Then we kill her."

The following day in the palace, the Cursed Emperor was back to normal, but the Imperial Doctor does not believe he was right to leave his bed chambers. However, the Divine Empress Raina was not safe from Grand Empress Dowager, and scolded throughout her visit, then given tasks and work. Especially since the following week was going to be the Dawn of Whispering Change celebration.

While Divine Empress Raina continued to work on her task for the Grand Empress Dowager, the Cursed Emperor and Imperial Doctor San were trying to figure what happened for the curse to stop. Usually when consumed by the curse, the Emperor would remain a cursed beast for a week.

"What do you think happened?" The Emperor asked.

"I... I do not know," the Imperial Doctor nervously said. He leaned back, looking at the Emperor's markings. "It is hard for me to say, Your Highness. But we must not rest at ease as we need to slow down your curse."

The Emperor sighed, furrowing his brows in both confusion and frustration, before shrugging his shoulders—pushing the Doctor off him. He stood on his feet and grabbed his shirt. "Can we stop talking about the curse?"

Doctor San remained silent when the Emperor glanced over at him—he bowed and gathered his things. "Remember to stay in your bedchambers for the time being, Your Grace." He said, bowing again before leaving the room.

"I wish I was normal," Emperor Kai whispered to himself, staring at himself in the mirror.