Chapter Two

Raina's POV

Six...

Ten...

E-e-eleven...

Ah! My throat is on fire! Thoughts screaming as I took another short, Twelve. I could feel nothing, I did not feel the liquor of this short flow down my throat. Did I swallow it? I asked myself, thinking I better play it safe and gulp again and again, and again. Oh God, I can't feel my throat.

Looking over at my challenger as she looks like she was struggling to locate her mouth, as her body slightly moved side to side. Now that I think about it, I do not know her name. Helping her, I grabbed her hand, stopping her wobbling body. Slowly her eyes shifted from her glass to me and gave me a cheeky smile, "so goddess... What's your name?" I slurred, feeling my heavy eyelids trying to close.

Her eyes closed and smiled, "call me, Trix..." She slurred, flickering her eyes open. "You, my dear friend! What's your name?" She giggled, and her eyes closed.

I chuckled, letting go of her hand and grabbed the bottle, "Rain... Ahhh." I poured myself another short with eyes closed, placing the bottle back down, I grabbed glass back up and lifted. "How about a toast?"

"Of course!" Trix hummed, lifting her glass.

"To-to our n-new friendship," our glass clicked, and we took our shorts into our mouth, flowing down our throat. If I really swallowed, both at the same slammed our glass onto the wooden table and our gazes met. Staring at each other in total silence, until smirks pulled the corners of our lips and we roared out in laughter.

Trix reached for the bottle, "this will be my eleventh sho-short." She whispered.

I chuckled as I stretched out my hand, holding out glass for another, "... thirteen? Or twelve?" I shrugged my shoulders and giggled, "I don't know, but all I know, I am loving this. I needed it, after the week I'm having." Opening my eyes, I see her shaking the bottle and peeking in the bottle.

She looked at me with a pout, "it's finished."

I pouted too and looked down at my empty glass, "I wanted more..." I whined then glanced back up at her, "what are we going to do?" I asked.

"I can get some more," she smirked.

Nodding, "yeah, you do that..." immediately recalling, "hey Trix... Remember our bet?"

Her eyes were closed as she hummed like she was thinking, "Ah yes!" Her eyes snapped opened and giggled, "you won!" She giggled then took my hands, "you wanted powers..." Nothing felt off as she held my hands, letting go of my hands with a smirk. "There you go..."

Staring down at my hands, "nothing is happening..." I pouted.

"Imagine... Your hands are on fire..."

Rolling my eyes, "okay..." Flooding my mind with images of flames and thought of warmth on hands. My eyes slowly widened in shock when I saw flames surrounding both hands, blinking my eyes, then narrowing my gaze on the flames. "But how?" I glanced at Trix, who smirked.

"I like you, Raina. And I think your perfect to fix my problem."

"What do you mean?" I saw her smirk turn into a sinister grin.

"Bye," she waved a hand at me and snapped her fingers.

Suddenly surrounded in darkness...

"Hello?"

Is... Is someone calling me?

"Divine Miss... Hello?"

Divine Miss? Who are they talking about?

Feeling soft shakes on my shoulders, "are you okay?" The graceful voice was slightly louder. Forcing my eyes to open, a blinding light burned my eyes. Groaning in annoyance, trying to turn away from the light, "are you okay?" Flickering my eyes open, my eyes met incredible mix of jasmine purple and midnight blue eyes.

Wait... Eyes?

Closing and opened my eyes, "your eyes?" I whispered in awe. How was that possible? Not that was bad, but it looked unique and unbelievable.

She chuckled softly, "I hope nothing is wrong with my eyes... But my concern is you, Divine Miss. Are you okay?" She asked. Not only did she have a unique mixture of colour in her eyes, raven black hair was shiny and was long, reaching the back of her thigh. Her skin was flawless, and she was beautiful. "Divine Miss?"

Snapping out from my daze, I glanced around, seeing trees all round from my left and right. There were trees, "huh... Where am I?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"Divine Miss, you are in Golden Forest."

"Golden Forest? And where's that?"

"It is in Hudd-omen Empire, close to Tearli(e)qui wall—"

Shaking my head, "what are you talking about? Hu-hu—Whatever it's called... Empire!?" I gaped, pushing myself up and glancing around, trying to make sense of where I am? I remembered being in the park, drinking alone until... Trix! Glancing back at the beautiful lady, but taken by surprise, seeing how tall she was. She stood five foot seven, and she wore a white chlamys, a long-sleeved blue lace top and black harem trousers, then brown leather sandals.

"Wow, you're tall... Did you see how I got here? Or a woman with red hair and yellowish-brown eyes?" I asked.

She looked confused, "Divine Miss, I saw nothing except you sleeping in the forest."

Did Trix do this? Where is she and where am I?

"Divine Miss?"

I looked up at her, "why are you calling me 'Divine Miss'?"

"Your hair is golden with a light touch of snow," a slight blush appeared on her cheeks as she raised hand to cover her face. "Not to be rude, but you look different."

"Please call me, Raina. Divine Miss is a mouth full," I glanced down at my hands. Maybe I am dreaming, though it feels real.

"My name is Tearl," she smiled warmly and bowed slightly.

"Tearl?" I muttered.

"It names Pearls..."

Suddenly, hearing a crack, I flinched when I felt warmth on my hand. Glancing down to my hands, I gasped in shock, seeing them engulfed in flames. Quickly shaking my hands, trying to stop the flames. When they stopped, slowly lifted my gaze up to Tearl, who gaped, nervously chucked, "so can you help me?"