Chapter Thirty-One

Empress Cha Hina's sword dance last night was incredible. Her body was flexible in her dance while swiftly showing her skills with two blades. I enjoyed her performance but cannot see myself doing that dance. Though I can see myself watching her again.

"I still think you should have gone with the Emperor to the meeting," You Rina murmured. "I feel the Emperors would fight," she sighed.

I chuckled under my breath, staring out to the open space—looking at the flock of Nyx, the phoenix birds sitting on the branches. "Empress Cha Hina would be there, she can handle them." I shrugged my shoulders, glanced over to You Rina. She narrowed her gaze on me, "what?"

She turned her gaze to the flock, "you gained Gaia Kingdom and gained favour within the council. If you involve yourself more in meetings with important members and events, I believe they would trust you as you rule the Empire."

"You hold high hopes for me," I laughed, rolled my eyes. This world was beautiful, astounding creatures and vibrant flora. I miss using technology, but easily forgotten as this place had clear fresh air and several things I can do. There was hooking books of history and tales, then strolling in the gardens or if I was skilled, archery and horse or Hippasang riding. Many more.

This was not my world. I don't belong here and must go back. "Divine Empress," I heard an angelic voice calling out to me.

A gasp escaped my lips, after I turned my gaze to see Empress Cha Hina. A curtsy, I greeted, "greetings, Rare Empress."

As I rose, she asked, "do you like the Nyx?" She still had a straight look, even though I feel there was a smile behind that question. However, her lips were straight.

"Huh... Yeah, you know they are sparking an inner bird watcher within me." I said, trying to make her laugh—but she kept a straight face.

"That is good to here," she said, lightly nodding her head and glanced to the flock. "They built here the Royal Villa because of the beautiful birds; this is their breeding ground."

"Excellent choice."

There was silence between us, before she said, "for the Divine Empress, who got Gaia Kingdom, I was surprise to hear you were not joining the meeting." I nervously laughed and groaned. "So, I excused myself to meet with you privately."

"Oh..."

I feel honoured; I thought to myself as a smile grew on my lips. She missed me!

"As Empresses, I believe we must discuss the future for our empires and continue the peace."

My smile dropped as I groaned in my head, and here I was thinking we were going to be best buddies—I had my hopes were too high. "Ah..." I nodded my head. "Don't you think you're just taking the Empress role to the extreme?" I nervously asked.

"My husband also asked me that same question," she muttered. This time I could tell what was in her expression, confession. She easily shook her confusion off, "forgive me, Divine Empress—But being a rare, has me taking every given responsibility seriously." She bowed her head.

"Oh, no, no, no! You don't need to apologize," I blurt, shaking my head. "It's just that I'm not a big fun of formal meetings."

"Is that so?" She tilted her head and frowned her brows. I chuckled, nodding my head, "it would explain how you obtained Gaia Kingdom." She muttered to herself.

I sneered under my breath, if only she knew the Mad King, and I were making bets. "So, you wanted to talk?" I asked, wanting to avoid that conversation.

"Let's walk," she suggested. Slowly turning on her heels, we strolled down the corridor. "With Gaia Kingdom one day becoming one with HuddOmen Empire, the Arriors Empire is uneasy with this development. What are your empire's next plans after fully gaining Gaia Kingdom?"

"I don't know," I shrugged my shoulders. "I guess, continue everyday life?"

"Forgive me for asking, but... Divine Empress, do you know what's happening in your empire and her surrounding neighbouring countries and trading allies across the sea?"

"Huh... No... But not in a bad way..." I mean not that don't kind, it's just that... I am going to leave this world, and don't see a point getting involved with any political or issues within the palace. I only got involved with Gaia Kingdom issues because the Cursed Emperor seemed bothered, and he had been kind enough to me. So, I got involved to lighten the load. In a way...

"Even if this is not your world, you have the power to help because you are Empress. Even if you know little, at least know what is happening in your empire..." There was silence between, I didn't know what to say after what she said. She continues, "I have forgotten emotion, though I remembered that was happy before turning age seven."

If I remembered correctly, age seven would be the time when Omens would become an "Omen". However, Empress Cha Hina was a Rare.

"I remembered I had a friend, and she was an Omen. A Rare and Omen became friends, and we were enjoying our childhood before age seven. At that age, I knew my future as a Rare, may have freedom but emotionless—so, I wasn't unsure what I would do for my future..."

She continued, "... My friend, though, she had saw bright future for herself. She vowed to fight her destined future, take all the exams, serve the military for the Empire, and become Empress to help her Empire. I thought she was mad, but I wanted to see it happen."

The way she spoke, it sounds like she was sounding happy yet gloomy. However, her voice and face told another story, straight and serious. "By her seventh birthday came, and I rushed over to her home expecting to see that gleeful girl that vowed to be a fighter..."

"What happened?" I asked, my tone lowered as I crossed my fingers, hoping for a happy ending.

"That girl disappeared, and an empty shell remained."

Wait... I froze, remembering everything You Rina told me about Empress Cha Hina, then what her friend's dreams. She glanced over to me, "I had something my friend could have used to be what she wanted. However, she's an Omen and I'm a Rare, and there's nothing anyone could do. "

"So... You went on and followed her dreams?"

She shrugged her shoulders, "it was that or wandering around. Right now, I don't know what I am doing, especially with a son with a strange ability. I don't know if has to do with me being a Rare or it was the will of the gods/goddess. So..." She lifted her hand, then placed it on her lower abdomen. "We have to see with the next child."

"Oh..." I gasped and smiled. "Congratulation!"

"Thank you, but we must hold celebration back until the birth of the child."

"Ah yes!" Nervously chuckling and we continued our stroll.

"What I am trying to say, there's a reason you are here, and you need to understand the surrounding people—who need your help and who want wants to harm others for their own benefits. Divine or not, this 'perfect' world is not perfect."

This world was like olden time, without technology, but in my eyes—this was a perfect world that was open-minded and humble. Though the responsibilities were too grand for first timers. "Huh... Thanks, I'll keep it in mind."

"Divine Empress, I want us to work together and build a close friendship."

"I hope so too," I smiled warmly back to her.

We walked side by side in silence until we heard news about the meeting being over. Since this was our last day, the Emperor and I were leaving. After saying our farewells to the Royal Cha, the Emperor and I were heading to our awaiting carriages.

"Divine Empress," I was about to step into my carriage, when I heard the Emperor call out to me. I turned to face him, he cleared his throat, "do you... want to share a carriage with me?" He asked.

I hummed in thought, rolling my eyes to You Rina, who stared at me with 'say yes!', I shrugged and smiled, "okay..."