Chapter Thirty-Three

"Today meeting is mostly about education—the exams passing rate between cities and rural differ. So, remember to have the purple book by your side, opened." You Rina said, while every handmaiden hurriedly dressed me up for the council meeting.

Confused and still sleepy from my nap, in fact, I don't even remember how I even woken up and how I'm standing. "There would be a discussion about trade, especially spider silk. So...read the books!" She said, as she quickly page through the book. With my coat on and waistband tied around my waist, You Rina pushed me out of the room. "Okay, when entering the Mental Hall, you must remember key etiquettes when enter and talking. As you enter, don't look at the council members as you walk towards the throne chair—bow to the Omens and take your seat, then order the members to rise."

"Wait... I bow?" I asked, realising how heavy the Imperial Court coat was—but my handmaidens quickly held the hem of the coat, trailing behind me.

You Rina's increased pace, encouraging me to pick my tired pace, "yes! Bow your head to the Omens, don't curtsy. So, head up, walking towards the throne chair, bow to the Omens before climbing the stairs and take your seat, then command the members to rise." She glanced to me and asked, "so, do you remember?"

"Huh... Head high, don't look at the members while heading to the throne chair, bow my head to the Omens, before climbing the stairs, then take a seat and order everyone to rise." I said, lifting an eyebrow—wondering if I did well.

She nods her head and sighed stressfully, "why did this have to happen now?" She murmured under her breath.

I just arrived two days ago from Arriors Empire and I just wanted to sleep all day and night. "Why am I going to this meeting?" I asked. Don't know when I fell asleep, but I remembered You Rina waking me up and all my handmaidens suddenly surrounding me. Now, I'm dressed like a powerful Empress, and heading to the Mental Hall, still not knowing why.

"The Emperor, Grand Empress Dowager and Mistress Han Maya are unwell, so..."

"So, I'm the last choice?" I asked, narrowing my gaze at her, and she kept her gaze away from me. They went to Mistress Han Maya before coming to me, that's... I don't know how to feel.

Finally, climbing the Mental Hall stairs, then my handmaidens perfectly laid the train of my coat, before stepping back. "Back straight, lift your head high and... walk," You Rina whispered, walking slightly behind me as we stepped into the Hall.

"Divine Empress Raina!" Chief Eunuch announced.

Everyone in the Hall turned and bowed to the floor, "many blessings, Divine Empress Raina!" They all greeted.

Gracefully I walked down the way, both my right and left sides there were members bowing to me. My head lifted high, while my eyes carefully glanced around the Hall as approached the throne chair. From the door, there were members wearing pale green coats and as I got closer to the throne, members wearing a vibrant blue.

My gaze landed on the Omens stood up in the front, facing my direction—seeing at me with a ghostly gaze. I stood before them, gracefully bowing my head to the Omens as they bowed their head back to me. Then I gracefully continued my up the stairs, glancing in the corner of my eyes, seeing Chief Eunuch Kamin.

I wondered why he was here other than being with the Emperor but shook the thought away for the time. My heart race as got closer to the grand throne chair I would sit on. It looked too perfect, yet cold—I turned on my heels, seeing all the members that bowed in still. Once I took my seat and ordered, "rise."

As they rose to their feet, I glanced over at You Rina, who nods her head before kneeling to the side of the table. My eyes widened in shock, wondering if there was a pillow on the floor for her to kneel on. "Let the meeting commence!" Eunuch Kamin said.