Chapter Nine

Raina's POV

Court Lady Rin was force not to be reckoned with, forget her humble appearance and grace at first meet. She was quick with stick, lightning speed and eyes like a hawk, she easily spotted my flaws and mistakes in etiquettes and was ready to hit me. Surprised I did not get any bruises by the amount of beating she gave me and pain I felt, even when I slept and woke up. I still felt the pain...

I spent the entire day perfecting my walk while repeating the rules of speaking to people. Like seriously, wasn't my usual walk perfect!? When speaking to a stranger, I must remember to be kind but not too kind, talk to them seriously and take them seriously. If I had to laugh or blush in front of a stranger, I must make sure I hid my reaction under my hand because I do not know them, and it was a sign of disrespect. I mean, what if they were telling me a joke, and I hid my mouth when laughing to their joke, it's that disrespect!?

Anyway, I must always keep my head high with confidence and talk like my words held value. Don't my words already hold enough value?

During the training, I was excited about my dresses that came from Clothing Department the following day. Those dresses looked like they belonged in an Haute couture designer brand, fabrics were soft and sumptuous with beautiful proficiency embellishments on different garments. I was in love. But Court Lady Rin killed... No, she murdered my desire to wear one of the most beautiful dress and glide down the hallway and feel soft caresses of the fabric and feel like I a dramatic runway princess.

As I was about to create that dramatic run when her full attention was on my piece of jewellery, I felt a sharp pain on my back, and I fell. Slowly dropping to knees, feeling my soul crashing into misery. I failed in my mission; the great stick master had made the final blow which led to my death. Oh... The pain!

Okay, now being too dramatic but seriously, while she looks at the jewellery piece, I thought I had a chance. I took one step and her stick met with my back like always, and she did not even turn her gaze away from the pieces. How did she know!? She must be a mind-reader or something?

Even though I had a watchdog on my back, I was comfortable and joying the special treatment I had been receiving everyone around me; I forgot I was in another world...

I gasped for air as my handmaidens tightened the high-waisted corset like brown leather, "that's tight enough." Court Lady Rin said, she stood behind me and barking orders at everyone. Woken early in the morning, before dawn, dragged to a cold bath, then had six layers of clothing put on me. "Now the Imperial wedding dress!" She ordered.

Glanced over my shoulder, "there's more!" I gasped in shock and out of breath. They ignored me, as they brought slipped me into a high collared, scarlet red dress embellished in gold feather applique, that was tight around the sleeves and bodice as there were slits on both side-seams from hips down. I mention I forgot about my marriage to the Emperor, which was happening... TODAY!

"Let's get her hair done." Hearing that I sighed, slowly turning to go take a seat but stopped by Court Lady Rin, "Divine Miss Raina, please don't move." She said, with that warm smile that had made me feel unease.

"Court Lady Rin, shouldn't I seat down so it would be easier to do my hair?" I asked, crossing my fingers in my head and hoping there was some mercy in her.

Lightly shaking her head with a warm smile, "we don't want creases on your Imperial wedding dress, Divine Miss Raina. Now please turn to the mirror." I groaned as she gently turned me back to face the mirror. This was a nightmare. "Director Soul did a splendid job in creating the wig," I heard her muttered.

"Indeed, he used Spider-silk!" I heard You Rina youthful voice.

Spider-silk?

Turning my head to look at the wig, Court Lady Rin stopped me by my jaw. "Don't move, Divine Miss Raina." She warned, feeling a pair of hands touching my hair. "He captured the hair colour well," she said to You Rina, who gleefully agreed as my head became heavy.