Chapter 5 - An Idea

You walked into the large ballroom and as regularly happened all eyes turned your way. This wasn't because you were such a great beauty and everyone had to take you in, it was because you were the princess of the kingdom.

The unwed princess.

And an unwed princess in the presence of a beautiful prince of another kingdom surely ensures enough entertainment for those in the room.

You scanned the room until you saw your mother, she waved politely for you to come her way. Next to her was King Kim and behind him was Taehyung chatting with Jimin. It surely was funny that they might be the only two who weren't giving you glances.

You moved towards them and as you did so Kim King nudged his son who finally looked at you. His eyes slightly widened at the sight of you but he quickly gave a cocky smile again.

You greeted your mother and King Kim first.

'You look beautiful' Taehyung said, but for some reason, it didn't sound all too genuine. As in it sounded like something he had practiced, but with his reputation, that shouldn't be a surprise either.

'Likewise' you answered

You then strolled further, not wanting to give Taehyung too much of your attention. Very much to your mother's disappointment, you were sure.

Not long after though you felt a presence near you.

'Princess y/n, could I get the pleasure of dancing the next dance with you?' Taehyung's voice echoed beside you. You stopped walking.

'No thank you' you replied calmly.

Taehyung smirked

'but princess y/n, you are aware I am here, in this kingdom, to meet you right? On your mother's request may I say'

You exaggeratedly rolled your eyes

'Yes, I met you three days ago and you didn't seem to be too interested in meeting me. Plus frankly, I wasn't impressed so I will decline your request for a dance'

'I will admit that our introduction didn't go all too well' he stated without much emotion.

'it showed your true colours immediately, so I think it was a good introduction' you countered.

Taehyung didn't seem offended at all, but more amused by your consent back and forth.

'I heard stories about how kind and fair princess y/n was but you surely are a surprise'

You shrugged 'I guess I will take that as a compliment coming from you'

And as you more regularly did, you eyed Solar and Yujin to save you from the conversation. It was quite a drill now so they knew what to do. Within no time they were by your side. You gave Taehyung one last glance without saying anything, and grabbed both your friends onto the dancefloor.

People started clapping as soon as the three of you danced together. As said, you did this more often so it wasn't anything new to the guests but they always seemed to be enthusiastic about it.

As you were spinning rounds while dancing you did see 3 pairs of eyes that did stare in confusion. Those of Taehyung, Jimin, and King Kim.

It wasn't unknown that dancing so freely without a male partner might seem odd to outsiders but in your kingdom, it wasn't an exception.

You smiled and laughed as you were enjoying the dance with Solar and Hyujin. The next song started and you all moved to the sides again to catch a breath.

This time it was a presence right behind you and you could already guess who it was.

He was back again