Chapter 14 - Prince Yoongi

A week later it was finally the morning when the Min family would arrive. You had breakfast in your room because you needed the preparation, not that Yoongi would care much about that, he was always clear that he thought you were fine the way you were.

but it was expected of a princess to be dolled and dressed up whenever she'd receive other royals.

The same went for your mother though, as queen, she had that same expectation and she wasn't too enthusiastic about it either.

3 hours later you were making your way to the reception hall. You were dolled up yes, but not as much as you'd be for a ball for example.

As you were near you saw Taehyung approaching from the other side. You met right in front of the door.

He smiled at you

'Princess y/n, You look especially nice today, you aren't putting extra effort to impress the prince now are you?' Taehyung asked jokingly.

You grimaced 'A princess has to look at her best when welcoming guests, it's a given.'

'You don't hear me complaining' he replied as he scanned your outfit. Normally you'd roll your eyes and be annoyed, yet today you felt a tingling in your stomach and you needed a moment to articulate yourself.

'Well, I am complaining though' you answered

Jungkook ticked you on the shoulder 'We should join the queen and King Kim in the reception hall'

You nodded 'yes let's go''

Taehyung was standing next to his father while your mother was next to you.

First king Min entered. He was not as tall as King Kim was but he was noticeably handsome, you knew where Yoongi got his beauty from for sure. If he wasn't so obviously after your mom you'd be happy to see him again. When you were a kid you would adore King Min, he was always so kind and soft. However, after his wife's passing his affection for your mother was hard to miss.

Then you saw a face you had missed seeing. You ran towards prince Yoongi as soon as he entered and hugged him tightly. Taehyung was rather surprised you greeted prince Min so enthusiastically. You surely weren't this happy when you saw him,

like ever.

And that realization made him a little annoyed for some reason.

'I am happy to see you' you said to your long-term friend

Yoongi wasn't even a very hugging person but you haven't seen each other a lot lately and you noticed that he was also happy to reunite.

'It is a delight princess y/n'

You looked past Yoongi's shoulder

'Where is your knight?'

Yoongi chuckled 'Seokjin needed to unpack but he will join us right after'

you turned back to Yoongi 'okay good, I haven't seen him in ages either'

'How have you been?' Yoongi asked but you noticed he eyed to the back on your left where Taehyung was standing. It was obvious he tried to hide his curiosity.

'I have been alright, and you? How has everything been?'

'Same, I should perhaps greet your mother and the Kim family as well' Yoongi said.

You looked back at your mother to check if she was alright. King Min had proceeded to greet your mother when you talked to Yoongi and the situation with King Min was always.. Interesting.