Chapter 33 - Just This Moment

The early signs of spring started to show: the snow had made place for blossoms and the cold breezes turned into agreeable temperatures.

It was on this morning you and Taehyung decided to go out for a ride on the horses.

You were doing it a lot less than before, not surprising as your responsibilities had increased since becoming queen.

Jimin and Jungkook had become good friends as well during the past weeks. You were happy they did so, in the end Jimin was Taehyung's knight and when he decided to stay by your side, this had also an effect on Jimin. At least Jimin now started to build his own friendships here.

It had been some time you had visited your favorite spot and as it was such a shiny day you suggested going there. You had brought a little picnic basket with you and a blanket to sit on.

You were talking about Yeontan, Jimin and Jungkook, his father and your kingdom. It was such a nice feeling to have someone you had the feeling you could share and discuss everything with. Together you also decided you wanted to do some art classes again.

You placed your head in his lap and gazed up at his face. The sun was shining brightly in your face and you had a sudden overwhelming feeling of gratitude.

'what is it?' Taehyung asked as he started playing with your hair

'just this moment' you let out.

Taehyungs mouth turned into a smile one that made your heart race. He looked away for a moment still smiling brightly.

Oh you wanted to make sure he was able to smile like that for the rest of his life.

'what is it?' you asked him in return.

His gaze focused back on your face.

'just this moment' he repeated as his hand caressed your face.

You took his hand in yours and for a moment you didn't need words. You closed your eyes and took a deep breath, promising yourself you wouldn't forget this moment.

After another hour it was time for you both to head back. You packed everything in your basket again and wanted to return to your horses but Taehyung grabbed your wrist softly.

You turned around to face him and noticed a change in his face. somewhat of a softness and intensity at the same time.

'Is something wrong?' you asked him.

He shook his head but kept his hand around your wrist.

'I kept thinking that loving you was a losing game' he started

Your heat skipped a beat as you were unsure where he was going with this. You looked at him in anticipation for his next words.

'first because we were pretending' he continued

a pause

'then we because I fucked up' he added with a visible grimace on his face as he recalled the moment

'and then.. with everything that happened' he kept it vague but you knew what he was talking about

he took your hands in his and kissed them softly

'but that has not been true at all'

'I won everything by loving you'

You swallowed trying to hold back your tears as they started to fill your eyes

'because I do love you so very much' he confirmed, as if it wasn't clear yet.

you let out a tear. Considering the past few months it was almost unimaginable not having Taehyung in your life.