Chapter 8 - Friendship

Two weeks passed and you had to admit that Taehyung's plan did work out quite nicely for you. Your mother seemed very pleased and wasn't proposing for you to meet other princes.

It did feel bad to lie to her but as you kept telling yourself; it was a little white lie.

Currently, you were having breakfast with your mother and King Kim. You noticed that in recent days, your mother's spirits were lifted, and her mood had been better. You could imagine she sometimes would feel lonely without your father around, and although there were enough people in the castle it was probably only another king or queen that could relate to her situation. It didn't mean she was close to every king or queen that crossed our paths but it did seem that she was always on good terms with King Kim.

They were discussing at what moment King Kim had to return to his kingdom again, as he had his duties there.

Of course, the prince would stay here as we were in a crucial period.

You quickly took another bite of your bread. Both of them glanced your way, but just for a moment. As if they didn't want to meddle too much but wanted to show their happiness about the whole thing.

As if the devil heard his name, the door opened and Taehyung walked in. He looked quite awful as in; he was obviously hungover. It didn't take a genius to figure that one out.

He greeted all of you and took a seat next to you.

His usual spot by now.

He stared down at the food on his plate but you could read the hesitation in his face. He was probably debating with himself whether he could hold the food inside or not.

After some time

'Aren't you going eat something son?' his father asked him, but it was clear he wasn't pleased with his son at this particular moment.

Taehyung shook his head 'I am not really hungry'

King Kim clapped his hands together 'well then I think breakfast is over' he declared.

After breakfast, you decided to go for a little walk in the garden. Unfortunately for you, Taehyung had set his mind on joining you. You didn't start a conversation because you wanted to enjoy the silence for a while.

'I want to die' he nagged as you were walking together

'Yes I have the same feeling now that you decided to join me' you responded

He chuckled

'lovely morning with my lovely princess' he said jokingly

'Lovely morning with my hangover prince' you repeated in his intonation

'Why are you in such a state anyways?' you asked

'We were at Hybe' Taehyung replied as if he regretted it already, well with such a hangover he probably did.

Hybe

You knew that place.

And you surely didn't have good memories of it. Not that you have ever been.

But what that place had caused and what it, in the end, had cost you you surely remembered.

It was a place where the upper class and elites of the kingdom would go to do all the things they couldn't do publicly in the castle.

'Have you ever been there, princess y/n?' Taheyung asked curiously as he inspected your face.

You were still in thought about that place