Chapter 19 - Brutal

You knocked on the door. Your heart was beating rapidly, it wasn't an everyday activity that you were going to admit your feelings.

It would mean you would try this courting for real, you still needed a moment to let that thought sink in.

Your knock unfortunately was answered with silence.

You knocked again but this time also called out his name, hoping that he'd open the door knowing that it was you.

With every passing second, you lost your courage.

Where would he be? Or would he perhaps be inside with someone else?

No.

As soon as the thought entered your mind you blocked it. Last time you could also hear some noises coming from inside, that wasn't the case now so you shouldn't blow it out of proportion.

He was probably either out with Jimin or walking Yeontan, or both.

You decided to look for him in the palace gardens

But before you even reached those you walked into Jungkook.

'What are you doing wandering these halls princess y/n?' he asked you politely, probably not too happy you went off without informing him.

'I had to talk to Prince Taehyung, do you know where he is?'

Jungkook looked away 'he is not in his chambers princess y/n'

You chuckled 'no I noticed that, but do you know where he is?'

Jungkook looked away again, which was rather particular;

he was dodging the question

'Jungkook?' you asked hesitantly

He dodged your piercing eyes again by looking down

'Jeon Jungkook, you better tell me if you know' you said sternly

'He is at Hybe' he said apologetically

Your heart skipped a beat out of pure recognition and fear of what he was doing there.

'I am going there' you let out without hesitation

'I don't think it will be a good idea for you to go' Jungkook replied calmly

'and I frankly don't care. You are my knight so you can choose to come with me or let me go by myself'

Jungkook sighed, obviously not happy with your determination.

'I am at your service'

Hybe was close to the palace, it was a high-class going out spot for the people in the palace so to say. A hidden place where people could do stuff they wouldn't openly do within the palace walls. It didn't mean everyone misbehaved, you knew Namjoon would sometimes go because he enjoyed a drink and his time off. Although it was close Jungkook still persisted on going with a carriage, it would be "safer". You eventually agreed mainly because you just wanted to go there as soon as possible. Next to that, you were wearing a cloak so that people wouldn't immediately recognize you.

Jungkook walked with you and it was obvious the staff there recognized him because they immediately let the both of you pass. You wondered if they guessed you were the princess but considering they hardly looked at you and dint bow you figured they didn't.

You turned to Jungkook 'would you mind staying out here for a bit?' you asked him.

You saw the doubt on his face

'Please?' you asked obviously vulnerable

He gave you a quick nod.

'I will be here if you need me'