Chapter 3 - Two-Faced

You stopped and turned around to face him.

'Princess y/n' you corrected him with a clear passive aggressiveness

'Princess y/n..' he repeated '...I didn't expect you to come for me' he explained with a hint of guilt in his tone and expression.

'I figured....' you looked at the half-closed door to his chambers behind him 'but someone certainly did' you replied and there was a small twitch on Taehyung's face, he clearly was surprised by that answer.

His surprise changed into a smirk

'You could have joined us and experienced the same'

'Are you serious right now? Don't you have any shame? You are here to meet me but you're not even making it to dinner before getting into someone else's pants' you frustratedly said

He shrugged as if he didn't care at all about your annoyance.

'Your court has a lot to offer and I am not interested in marriage, for which our parents set up this meeting in case you didn't know.'

Was he seriously thinking you were that naive and didn't understand this was a whole marriage setup?

'Believe me, I know and I am not interested in you in the slightest but at least I try to be respectful' you responded.

'Not even in the slightest? Now you're hurting my feelings princess' he said as he dramatically grasped his chest.

'oh I am so terribly sorry, I didn't consider you had any feelings, to begin with' you said while rolling your eyes at him

'ouch harsh'

'Are you going to change for dinner or shall I tell your father and my mother that you are occupied elsewhere?' you said while scanning his outfit. It was clear that he had quickly put on something and ran after you, in other words, it was quite obvious what he had been doing.

Especially his ruffled hair and swollen lips gave it away

''Also I'd recommend combing your hair' you added

'Just give me five minutes' he said in a rushed way

'As if I am going to wait for you to get ready. You can find your own way young prince' you replied and with that, you continued your way back to the dining room.

Your mother looked at you surprised when you entered the dining room again but alone.

'Where is prince Taehyung?' she asked clearly not understanding why you hadn't brought him with you

'he was... napping' you explained hesitantly, because it was the first excuse you'd come up with.

King Kim seemed hesitant as well but then smiled 'a habit my son has'

You wondered whether the king wasn't aware of his son's ... "hobbies" which weren't napping at all.

Or perhaps he did know but tried to ignore it in this setting.

Either way, you took your place at the table without any additional comments

'We can already begin while we await for my son' the king suggested and the way he said it didn't leave much room for debate.

'Of course' your mother answered still with a bit of confusion

Surely as you were eating your soup the door opened and Taehyung walked in. He looked very different from ten minutes ago and you had to admit you were quite impressed how quickly he managed to look so proper again.