Chapter 34 - Jealousy Jealousy pt2

You pulled the little rope and the bottom of the vault pulled up;

there was a secret layer.

You frowned as you found around four letters in that secret layer. All were addressed to your mother. Were these also from your father?

but it didn't make sense.
Why weren't they with the rest?

You pulled them out and, with a moment of doubt you decided to open the first one.

You gasped as your eyes fell on the the signed name

Kim Song-Ho.

Taehyungs father.

You felt a constraint, something pushing you against reading it. These weren't meant for you. but on the other hand it intrigued you too much what was in this. What if it was linked to what happened to your mother? You had searched through her personal belongings to find a clue. Namjoon had turned the castle upside down to find anything.

You couldn't let these be unread now that you found them.

Your eyes scanned the lines that were beautifully written down, it was somewhat of a confession but not explicitly. It was mostly recalling the moments at court when Taehyung and you were fake courting and how King Kim had spent time with your mother.

To you it was obvious he tried to tell your mother something but you weren't sure your mother would read the same thing.

You quickly opened the second letter. This was dated not much later. The contents confirmed what you were thinking. Your mother had not understood and this time Song-Ho was crystal clear. his confession was right there.

How he couldn't stop thinking about her, how he might even dare say he was in love with her.

All of it was there.

You stared at it wide eyed.

You then opened the third letter one that was of a few weeks later.

Your heart racing at the contents, at how you were reading a love story you had assumed but never thought went this deep.

King Kim proposed that he would divorce his wife.

Divorce.

It was unheard of in royalty. It had not been done before but he truly was serious about it. He said he needed an answer either via a letter or, if your mother would want to discuss it in person as the matter was of such importance he would like to join for her birthday festivities.

Your heart clenched, the hole that you tried so hard to ignore became so present again.

The week of the birthday

The week that she died.

Did she reject him and he took revenge?

Did she reject him and he couldn't stand it?

What if your mothers murderer was Taehyung's father?

The thought alone made you almost empty your stomach on the ground. but you shook your head, reason coming back to you.

You had seen King Kim that night of your mothers dead, the days after.

Hell even now he was, behind his carefully crafted mask, a broken man, you saw it sometimes.

No, nobody could lie that well.

You also weren't sure if you were to tell Taehyung about these letters. It didn't seem he had been aware of his father intentions and although, through stories of both Taheyung and Jimin you knew his parents weren't in a loving marriage, his father proposed divorce to marry the mother of his fiance?