Chapter 13 - Wrong Ideas

You slowly opened the door; you weren't too excited about this conversation. Your mother was great, but she could be quite severe, especially when it came to your safety. Considering what happened with your dad it is no surprise but still, it had put her more on edge in that regard than she already was.

You saw her sitting on the couch with a book in her hand. She diverted her attention to you and closed her book.

'Mother' you stated without much emotion. It seemed the best approach to go in as if you weren't feeling too guilty or agitated.

'Ah my daughter decided to return, may I ask where you disappeared to?' Her tone was clearly passive aggressive

'I was out riding with Vincent' you replied

'The entire day? Jungkook told me he scanned the whole area,' she looked away 'I might need to question his abilities as your knight'

'No' you immediately let out

'It is not his fault, I went outside of our lands' you quickly added as an explanation.

Your mother's eyes widened

'I did not raise you to be so reckless. I have made it clear it is dangerous out there. I cannot believe you go against me like this. Was this the first time?' She asked.

You bit your lip and shook your head. You weren't keen on lying to her now if this secret was out anyways

'You hid this from me. How can I trust you? From now on Jungkook will be by your side at every moment'

'But that's not fair!' You raised your voice, but your mother put her hand up

'Compose yourself. You did wrong so this is not a severe punishment j can also ground you if that's what you prefer'

'it is not dangerous mama, it was fine. I sincerely apologize for not telling you, but I knew you'd forbid it and I need something to have for myself.'

'You are in a position in which you do not have that luxury' she answered but the anger she showed before perished and there was a hint of compassion there. Like a mutual understanding.

You sighed deeply

'How far did you go outside of our lands that it took you the entire day to come back? Leaving us all worried' your mother asked to fill up the silence between you two

You looked down and fumbled with your hands

'I was with Prince Taehyung, and we lost track of time, I am sorry'

Mother's face lit up with excitement, she couldn't really hide it. It was almost funny how quickly she went through the emotions. Disappointment, compassion, and now excitement.

'Oh. with the prince?' She asked with a smile

'it's not what you think mama' you quickly said

she shrugged 'no, of course, you were just together the entire day and apparently were having so much fun that you lost track of time'

You rolled your eyes 'don't get the wrong ideas'

'I don't think I'm the one with the wrong ideas'

You rolled your eyes again but now with a chuckle. You then turned serious again

'but promise me not to punish Jungkook for this. I left him in the dark as well

Your mother sighed

'I won't, that boy was so worried I almost had to calm him down. He really cares for you'