Chapter 7 - The Duel

Taehyung and Jimin were walking through the castle together conversing about what they would do on this day. Their conversation, however, was interrupted by some noises in the distance.

The ones of happy laughter.

'Isn't that the princess?' Jimin asked surprised.

Taehyung did recognize your voice in those giggles.

A part of him was curious to see who had you giggling like that.

Maybe curiosity was not enough to cover it; he needed to know who got you smiling like that.

The two boys followed the sounds into a little courtyard, it was hedged by bushes with an entry at the top and an exit at the end, both situated in the middle.

They were forced to step through the entrance in order to see what was going on.

To his surprise Taehyung found you with a sword in your hand and opposite of you was your knight Jungkook.

You both stopped and stared at the unexpected guests

'Isn't that dangerous princess? you wouldn't want to accidentally hurt your pretty self' Taehyung started.

You rolled your eyes. You weren't too surprised by his stupid comment.

'don't you have other things to do? Enjoying the buffet?' you replied.

Both Jungkook and Jimin looked confused at you, but Taehyung certainly understood what you were referring to.

He shook his head 'I am not hungry at the moment, I wanted to see what got my lady breaking into giggles and laughter'

'I am not your lady' you said while pointing the sword at him.

Those words coming out of his mouth made you cringe already.

'at least put the sword down y/n' Taehyung calmly said in response.

'Look, I am pretty sure I know better how to use this than you do'

Taehyung broke out in a loud laughter

'You want to test that ridiculous theory princess?' he asked overly confident, it was not an idle statement, you wouldn't back out of a duel with him.

'sure'

He looked at you a little confused as he scanned your outfit

'You will duel me in that dress? you can't properly move around'

'I don't have much of a choice do I? plus I'd still beat you in a fight' you replied confidently

Taehyung smirked at your boldness

'If you are so certain, perhaps we can make it a little bit more interesting with a bet?'

You raised your eyebrow and crossed your arms

'What kind of bet?' you asked

'If I win, I can choose an activity to do and you'll agree.. whatever it is.'

You looked at him in disgust

'You don't think I will ever agree with that do you?'

You heard Jimin chuckle in the background

'Nice to know that the first thing you thought about was that, but no it won't be something that will require you to take that dress off' Taehyung replied cockily. 

Jungkook cleared his throat audibly, so much so that even Taehyung looked at him

'and what if I win?' you asked without agreeing yet.