Assignments

"I could drop you off first you know?" Claire said, looking guilty. I looked behind her to see a very eagerly waiting 6 foot something poster boy of sex, when he looked up to see me he smiled, I waved.

"No I think I could use the fresh night air to think. Plus it's simply rude to keep a gentleman waiting." I said with a laugh. Claire blushed.

"He is a gentleman isn't he? Or are we drunk?" She asked sheepishly.

"Between the two of us we haven't had enough to get a ferret drunk calm down and just go I'll be fine, I have Margaret to walk a lot of the way with me." I said, using my hand to point at Margaret standing against the wall.

"Yes she does." She said, not even looking up from her phone. "Plus I don't think anyone of us should be driving tonight." I bought my hand up to my face and hushed Claire closer. "We're both pretty drowsy ferrets right now aren't we?" Claire laughed, I grinned.

"Alright then, I guess I'm off." Claire turned to walk to her eager result of the night, Ben was it? He gave her a beaming smile and opened the door to the cab for her and she blushed and went in. I smiled, this opening of doors thing was quite the hit.

"Alright Maggie, let's get ourselves home." I said as I turned to leave and Margaret followed behind with a slight stagger.

"Will you be alright from here?" I asked Margaret with a concerned look, she was trying to look fine but I knew better.

"Rachael this is my door. I'm home, what can I do now? I'll just go in and sleep. Do you want to come in?" She asked as she looked for her keys.

"No I should really be getting back home. I have..uh..an assignment." I said as I blushed, Margaret didn't notice. She took out her keys with a satisfied grin and stared, I sighed and took the keys from her and opened the door. She walked in and I placed the keys on the table beside the door. Then I quickly said my goodbyes and closed the door.