A New Day

I awoke suddenly next morning to my phone ringing, I groaned as I picked my phone up. It was an unknown number. I put my face in my hands and answered the call.

"Hello?" I said with a muffled voice, groaning.

"Always the morning person darling." A familiar voice said.

"Louis?" I asked, fully awake at the shock.

"I took the liberty of taking your number." He said with ease like it wasn't outlandish at all.

"You could have just asked." I said lying back down in bed, chewing my bottom lip to curb the smile waiting to erupt.

"Yes, but then I wouldn't have got that reaction, If you mind I'll delete it right now." He said with consideration.

"No it's alright I'll let you have it, for your sake." I said with fake sympathy. He laughed.

"So giving." He said

"I thought you knew that already." I said with a smirk and a suggestive voice, I heard him cough, causing me to laugh.

"I'm at lunch with the rest of the boys, they say hi by the way." He said with discomfort. "Anyway that's not why I called." He said, his changing from playful to serious. Before I could ask what he meant my door burst open and Claire barged in.

"What the fuck Claire?" I asked shocked.

"It's Louis darling." Louis said on the phone. I looked confused for a second, remembering that Louis was on the line.

"No, it's Claire she just barged in, shocking me." I said into the phone.

"Oh did she? Tell her I say hi." Louis said with amusement in his voice.

"Have you been on the internet at all today?" Claire asked with vigour. "Wait is that him?" She asked noticing the phone.

"By him, if you mean Louis, then yes, yes it is. He says hi and I just woke up Claire I haven't checked online yet." I said looking at her like she has gone bonkers.

"Oh you should." Louis said, I could almost hear his smile. I turned to Claire.

"Why what is it?" I asked

"You're everywhere, there are pictures of you leaving that deli down the University, walking into his childhood home." Claire paused to mouth a 'wow' and give me a thumbs up. I scoffed. "And there are tons of you from the airport. They're all talking about who you are, his broken hand is the next viral phenomenon, they're dying to know what happened." Claire said as she sat down at the edge of my bed and handed me her phone to see.

"Wow they have polls and everything." I said with a snort.

"Notice how falling in the shower isn't even an option." Louis said into my ears, I laughed and agreed. "You have to see my favourite picture though, I just sent it to you." He said, I bought the phone down from my ears and opened the message from his to see a picture of us from the airport, foreheads together, me looking down and smiling and his eyes on me, also smiling.

"It's a beautiful picture." I said with a low voice.

"The headlines read, 'Band member Louis Tomlinson with a strange new girl and a broken arm. Well this simply mustn't do." He said.

"What?" I asked confused.

"I've got to set the record straight. You aren't a strange new girl. I'm going to tweet right now." He said with a huff as I heard shuffling.

"Louis what are you doing?" I asked cautiously.

"A minute babe." He said as I heard clicking in the background. "There, a picture of the article and a tweet reading, 'It's girlfriend, do your research.'" He said with pride. I was speechless at his twisted confession.

"Girlfriend?" I asked slowly.

"Of course." He said like it was the most obvious thing to say. "Okay now I have to go love, I have to prep for an interview." He said and before I could ask if I would be bought up at this interview he cut the call. He was so full of himself, I smiled.

"Well your boy just broke down twitter I think. Girlfriend wow." Claire said and I turned to her with a smile.

"That sounds like him." I said with a smile and got out of bed for the new day.