What The Future Is Like

Fans all around the globe were given many surprises from Mayse in the past 5 years.

The first surprise she gave to Royals and NCTzens was her departure from SM Entertainment after 20 years of being signed to the company, as well as retiring from being an active member of NCT.

In her departure letter, the 27-year-old woman announced her plans of focusing on being the head CEO of JW Entertainment whilst her older brother, Youngjae focuses on himself and his family. She followed the announcement by thanking the members of NCT for all the memories she had made and shared with them throughout their time together, and that she will forever cherish every moment she had with them. She also thanked the staff of SM as well as Lee Soo Man for giving her the magical experience of becoming one of the industry's most inspiring idols.

Following her departure from her former group and company, Mayse had also decided to disband PANDORA with all the girls' input after being an active girl group for 6 years. While they are no longer in a group together, the members of PANDORA remain close friends and seniors to their juniors under JW.

Speaking of the company — with her guidance, Mayse has been able to expand the company by franchising Idol Chic globally and opening new branches with different business partners. The company had also gained a lot of attention for their marketing and organisation skills regarding the groups that debuted under them, many praising the staff for always treating their clients with respect and demonstrating a positive attitude towards the community around them.

Mayse was very proud to have gained praise from the public for her exceptional skills as a CEO in the entertainment industry. Furthermore, she was excited to work on new projects and think of new fun ways for her idols to interact with their fans; always asking for the idols' input with every decision she made on their behalf.

Aside from her busy life of being a CEO, Mayse continued to release music now and then but like Eunchae, decides not to promote them as usual idols would. Instead, she remains focused on her duties as the CEO of JW Entertainment, however, does produce or write songs for artists when she can.

The second surprise that got fans into a fanatic state was Mayse and Hyunjin announcing their engagement to one another after 7 years of dating. STAYs, NCTzens and Royals were so happy when the couple revealed the big news to the world and requested for fans to respect their desire of holding a simple and private wedding ceremony with their family, friends and members. The pair also requested for fans who spot the couple going to their reception be mindful and respect their privacy during the event as well.

Before revealing their engagement, the couple had moved in together and adopted another dog — a pomeranian. They named her Dalgom, which is sugar in Korean due to her soft white fur colour. They've been living peacefully throughout the years leading up to the announcement of their engagement, which was only a year or two.

Overall, Mayse doesn't plan on leaving the idol industry anytime soon. Even though she isn't performing on a stage, she can support those who dream of standing there one day and help them along the way, she'll be happy.

That's all she's ever wanted since starting her career 11 years ago.