31

Today would be my first day back at work.

You can only have a month off work after almost dying, twice.

Welcome to America.

"Bec?!", I called out into the apartment, but no response. I figured she was with Armin, as per usual.

I didn't mind it, but I did miss my sister. I knew she was happy and enjoying love, and I didn't want to make her feel bad for being happy. No one deserves that. She was leaving to college soon, so I didn't know how many hours I had with her.

I avoided all social media.

Because I knew I was being talked about. I knew my face was being spread, my name was being talked about. I knew voices where whispering about who I was as a person and what I should change about myself.

It annoyed me. It made me feel small. It made me feel anxious. It made me angry.

I hated knowing that I was being talked about by people who had only seen photos of me. By people who had never met me or knew who I was.

Spencer this Spencer that. But do you even know who this Spencer is you're talking about is?

I always hated gossip. Whispering about someone and their business. It made my stomach physically ache, it felt wrong. Like betrayal.

And now I was the girl everyone was whispering about.

I was at war with myself. I wanted my name to be hidden, something random. Not a Twitter thread.

So, I threw my work uniform on and hoped for the best.

Eren: i have arrived spencer bradley

I smiled and darted down the building.

"Ready to make those famous margaritas?", "Oh you know it", I half grinned and he sped off.

"Excited to work with your favorite person?", he side eyed me, "Oh yeah", I winked at him. He rolled his tongue under his bottom lip, "Watch your tone there Spencer Bradley", his tone more flirty.

"Or what?", I pushed further, "You really wanna play this game with me?", he asked, "What game?", I played innocent.

"Alright Spencer Bradley you have started a war", he parked the car in front of work, "And I don't like to lose", he said before he left the car.

"And so it begins", I said to myself, following him inside.

The shift went on as per usual, everyone came up and told me they were happy to see me back, asking how I'm feeling. The shift was pretty normal, that is until Eren started playing games with me.

"Right behind", he snaked around me, his hand held the side of my waist, his grip tightened slightly and my body heated at the action. I looked to the side and his head was in the crook of my neck.

"Sorry", he whispered against my neck, I bit my lip, knowing exactly what he was doing.

He could play the game pretty well.
But I can play better.

I watched him in my peripheral vision, waiting for the perfect moment.

I waited till he made his way to my direction. I dropped a strainer and locked eyes with him. He kneeled down and grabbed it, I stepped closer and bent over.

My eyes looking down into his like I could devour him in a split second.

I grabbed the shaker from his hands, my face just inches from his, "Thank you", I whispered as I narrowed my eyes just a little. His lips parted and his eyes focused on my chest for just a second.