191 9 18

**Three weeks later, Grayson**

"It's 40 degrees outside, and you're wearing a skirt?" Dad asks Cam as the four of us move around the kitchen, getting ready for the day.

"Yes, you're point is?" She asks back, zipping her lunchbag and putting it into her backpack. "Fashion doesn't wait for anyone."

"Never say that again." Aj snorts, putting the lid on his personal jar of Nutella and jumping off the counter.

We got him his own jar, because he has a disgusting habit of eating it by spoonfuls. It's a Miracale he doesn't look like that one kid off of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. He ates more than him, at this point.

Fast Metabolism, I guess.

"Grayson, talk some sense into her." Dad sighs, looking at me. I look over at Cameron, who's arms are crossed and she's raising an eyebrow at me.

I just shrug boredly, putting my empty coffee mug in the sink then grabbing a Granola bar.

"Come on, I wanna go to the gas station." I say to Aj and Cam, who both nod.

"Thanks for having my back." Dad mutters sarcastically.

"Anytime." I reply. He holds his fist out to me, and I bump it with my own, before grabbing my black bag and leaving the kitchen.

My two weeks of my suspension had passed quickly, and not terribly. Cam brought me all the classwork I'd missed, and Jae spent a lot of the two weeks bothering me as much as he could.

Though, I couldn't complain. I actually enjoyed it, oddly.

I like the way he makes me feel.

Like I'm not weird, he doesn't treat me like somethings wrong with me, or like I'll snap at any moment. He treats me like a normal person.

And I love that.

But, I won't admit it out loud. Not likely.

After this week passes, we'll be flying out to Cali for our cousins Quince. The guys all convinced their parents, apparently, so they're booked on the same flight as us and are coming with us.

~
~

The three of us get to school, and Aj goes to his own class while Cam and I head to the cafeteria to find the guys.

"We should get Chick-Fil-A for lunch."

"Didn't you pack a lunch?" I question, and she grins.

"It's not for me."

Then who-

You know what, I don't care.

We reach our destination, finidng the guys at a table near the back. Benji, Morgan, and Diego are all playing a game of Uno, while Jae's head is down with his hood up.

Hmm.

"Hello, lovelies." Cam greets with a smile. "I brought presents." She holds up the box of donuts and the gas station bag.

"Thanks, Gray." Diego says, taking a Donut.

"What, I-"

"We all know she bought them." Morgan cuts her off.

"But it was my idea." She whines, sitting down.

I sit down next to Jae, and he lifts his head slightly, looking over at me.

"You alright?" I ask, and he just sits up,scooting his chair out and grabbing my waist, pulling me onto his lap and resting his forehead against my back. "Uh..." I trail off in confusion, highly uncomfortable with the amount of people now looking at us.