177 9 21

**Grayson, Spring Break(March 23rd)**

"I am not doing this." I say, glaring at Cameron.

"Come on, Gray. It's Spring Break! We have an entire friend group, you can ride with whoever you want. It's gonna be fun." She pouts, pulling my arm annoyingly.

"You want me to sit in a car for basically 17 hours, all because you guys wanna go to the Pier?" I scoff. "Why don't we just fly, or something?"

"Because, no one wants to buy a plane ticket to Cali. Especially during spring break." She rolls her eyes back. "You're going. You don't get a choice. We're leaving at 5am, so be packed and ready. We're coming back in a week."

"Did dad even agree to this?" I practically shout as she leaves my room.

"He suggested it!" She yells back, and I scowl angrily as the door shut behind her.

Fuck this.

I'm not going.

Fuck a road trip. And fuck going to California.

It's literally 1am and she's just now telling me about all of this? I have four fucking hours to pack, shower, finish packing, clean my room, charge everything.

Fuck fuckity fuck fuck

*

*

"I didn't think you'd agree." Dad says as he carries my suitcase out to the Minivan, putting it in the trunk for me next to Aj's siuitcase.

"I don't think I had a choice." I mutter back, and he smiles softly.

"It'll be fun," He assures me. "You're gonna hang out with your friends, take a break and relax." He pats my head lightly.

"I guess." I reply quietly, shrugging a bit. A pair of headlights shine into our driveway, meaning they're starting to show up so we can leave.

Apparently, I'm gonna be in the Minivan with Jae, Aj, and Jan. Then Diego and Cam are taking Diego's car, while Benji and Morgan are riding in Benji's truck. 

Apparently everyone thought I'd already agreed to this little trip, when in actuality, I had no idea about it until four hours before we were supposed to leave.

I go back inside, going back up to my room to grab my backpack packed full of whatever I'll need while we're on the road, then grabbing my phone, headphones, and a few other things before heading back downstairs.

"Goodmorning, Gorgeous." Jae smiles when I get outside. "Ready for our roadtrip?"

"Super ready." I respond sarcastically.

"Don't worry, I'm driivng. You can sleep." He pats my head, before walking past me to put his suitcase in the car.

Everyone shows up, and we all get our things into our respective cars, before gathering around my dad who called us all over.

"Everyone has the address?" He asks, and we all nod. "Alright, commuinucate with your parents. If one of you guys stop, all of you stop, alright?"

We all nod once again.

"Okay, text me every few hours, please. Be safe." He kisses Cam and I's forehead, and ruffles Aj's hair. "Have fun, don't get arrested."

"We won't." benji grins, turning and skipping to his car.

We probably will.

We pile into the Minivan, and wait for everyone else to pull out before we do, before getting out of the driveway and following them.