98 3 0

Grayson - Two Months Later

"Wow, you...you did this?" Cameron asks me, her and Aj's eyes wide with fascination as they stare at my painting.

"Is it...bad?" I ask slowly, and they both immediately shake their heads.

"It's you, isn't it?" Aj whispers. "You're drowning. Underwater, chains....sort of shadows pulling you down." He murmurs quietly. "And that's..."

He trails off, looking at me as I stare at the male figure standing at the surface, his hand reaching into the water, for the girl.

But her eyes are closed, and she's at peace as she falls.

"It's amazing, Grayson." Cameron says softly. "Glad one of us picked up Moms artistic ability."

I smile briefly, wiping my hands on my pain splattered jeans and backing up from the painting.

"What do I do with it?" I ask, staring at it.

"Put it with the rest." Cam motions to the multiple painted canvases piled against the couch, and I nod slowly.

We've been in Florida for about two weeks now, and I've gotta admit that it's been peaceful.

I found someone's old painting supplies down in the basement, and I've been painting a lot since we've been here.

My therapist suggested I picked up a hobby...so here I am.

Cam and Aj drag me out a lot, usually to different street markets and beaches, and when I'm here I'm always down in the basement painting.

I'll admit, it's a nice outlet.

If I can't talk about it, I guess I can paint it.

I move the painting, before heading downstairs to the kitchen with Cam and Aj in tow, so we can decide what to have for dinner.

"You thought about jobs, yet?" Cameron asks as I season the chicken in a bowl, and shrug. "Alaric suggested this Bakery not too far from Moms place. Small, cozy. I think it'd be nice, I wanna apply there, too." She tells me.

"Me too!" AJ exclaims through a mouthful of Nutella, making me cringe.

Gross.

"I'll check it out." I reply, washing my hands then grabbing a pan. "Grab the butter and parmesan." I instruct, and she does so.

"Also...the guys are in New York."

At this, my movements pause, and I raise my eyes to meet hers.

"They're there for some seminar that Diego's professor suggested. Diego said they had dinner with Dad, but he wouldn't tell them where we were."

I sigh in relief, nodding.

"How long are you gonna wait, Gray?"

"Until...?" I trail off, knowing exactly what she's talking about.

"You know what." She replies with an eye roll, and I sigh a bit.

"Until I'm better." I respond. "I don't want to go back to...that. Not if I'm not good enough for him. He deserves the best. I want to become everything he deserves."

Before I drag him down with me.

"How...How is he?" I ask hesitantly.

"Good, according to Diego." She looks away from me, and I raise an eyebrow at her sudden hesitance.

What's she hiding?

"Just tell me." I say with an eye roll, and she hires her lip nervously.

"He's...seeing someone."