173 9 27

**Jae, the next morning**

"Be completely honest," I say to Grayson as we sit in her car, parked in the very back of the school parking lot.

We got our coffee and some breakfast, and class started about ten minutes ago. but we both agreed that class didn't sound enjoyable at the moment, so we'd chill in here for a little bit.

"would you be offended if we broke up and I turned gay?"

"Why do you ask me such stupid questions?" She asks back, looking up from her phone and over at me.

"Because you always answer them." I shrug back.

"Okay, would I be the reason you turned gay?" She plays along.

"...yes."

"Then no." She shrugs. "if you dated a girl, and decided you wanted to be gay. It just your preference. I can't be offended." She responds. "Now stop with the dumb questions."

"Just one more." I smile, and she groans quietly. "Why did the chicken cross the road?"

"Get out of my car."

*

*

*

"Did you guys have a quicky in the car?" Benji asks when we sit at our desks in class, ten minutes later.

"Yes" "No"

Grayson and I look at each other, and she scowls at me while I just smile.

"Anyways," Morgan speaks up. "Did you guys hear that Micheal transferred schools?"

"Pussy." Gray and I murmur in sync, and Benji just snorts.

"You guys are literally the same person."

"Nah, he's dumber than me." She denies, and I just scoff.

Liar, I have a higher IQ than her.

Okay, probably not.

But I'm not dumb so jokes on her.

"Grayson, Jae" We both look up when the teacher calls on us. "Thanks for finally joining us. Please get to work on the assignment in the classroom."

We take out our computers, and I glance at Cam's screen, trying to see what we're supposed to do.

*

*

**Grayson**

The day goes by agonizingly slow, and my the time the last bell of the day rings, I wanna punch about ten people in the face, and I'm hungry.

Not a fun combination.

"You look pissed," Jae says, wrapping his arm around my shoulder as we exit the school. "Hungry?"

"Very." I respond vaguely, turning my head and looking up at him. "You drive?"

"Of course." he leans down, kissing my forehead. "Where do you wann go? Drive-through, sit down? Up to you, Amore." He moves his arm from my shoulder, reaching around me and into my pocket, taking out my car keys and unlocking the car as we approach.

"I want wings." I respond, opening my door. "You pick where."

"No, you have to pick." He declines while shaking his head. "You always deny whatever I suggest." He then adds.

Fine.

"That one spot by the Mall." I decide, and he nods ina greement, starting the car. "Then your place?"