198 7 12

**Grayson, Wednesday**

"So, Grayson. We've been seeing each other for one day a week, for a month and some change. How do you think these meetings are going?" My therapist asks.

"Fine."

"Just fine?" She pushes, and I let out a sigh through my nose, staring at my feet.

"Yes, just fine."

We've been sitting in here for nearly an hour and a half, and as usual, she hasn't gotten much out of me.

"How about you tell me about your week so far. Anything good, anything bad?"

"I got a boyfriend."

"Oh." She says in surprise. "And is the same boy you've told me about before. Jae?"

I nod in response, and she writes something down.

What is she even taking notes on?

"And how is that going? Well, I hope."

"It's going fine." I answer vaguely.

"Alright," She says with a light chuckle. "Have you heard the news about your parole?" She asks me, and I shake my head slowly. "There was some kind of communication between the judge, your parole officer, and Mrs.Aoki's lawyer. She asked to get your parole terminated."

What?

"Terminated." I repeat, getting a nod in response. "Mrs.Aoki? Asked for that?"

"I don't have the details as to why." She explains. "But your father emailed me to let me know. Our sessions will still be required until the end of the year, but if the judge agrees, you'll no longer be on Parole."

I look down at the Ankle Monitor, then back up at her.

"Does that make you feel some kind of way?"

"No." I answer quickly. "The parole isn't very...constricting. I know that I'm being tracked and whatnot. But other than that, it doesn't bother me."

"Interesting." She hums. "Would you feel more at ease if you were taken off of parole?"

"I guess." I shrug dryly.

"Well-"

Her alarm on her phone goes off, and she sighs quietly, silencing it.

"That's our time." She tells me. "Would you like to extend it and keep talking?" She asks, like she does at all of our sessions.

"No." I respond, standing up and grabbing my phone and keys.

"Grayson," She says before I can wlak out, and I look over my shoulder. "I don't know if it feels like it to you. But you are making progress. Compared to the first time you came here, you've came a long way. I'm glad to see it."

I give her a singular nod, before opening the door to her office.

"Hey." I watch as Jae smiles and stands up from the uncomfortable waiting chair, stretching his arms. "How was it."

"Tortourous." I respond blandly. "Did you know your mom asked for my Parole to be terminated?"

"Uh, no?" He asks back. "We still haven't seen or heard from her." He shrugs casually. "That's good, though. Another weight off your shoulders." He says, before putting his arm around me and leading me to the exit.

"Yeah, I guess." I nod. "Where're we going, again?"

"Shopping."

"For what?" I mutter in confusion as I follow him to his car.