160 8 35

**Grayson, November 29th, first day back at school since break**

"Do you think he's gonna look for Micheal?" Cam asks me as we wait in the living room for Aj to come down so the three of us can head to school.

"I wish I could say no but knowing him...he probably wants to kill Micheal." I respond, nodding at Aj when he reaches us. "You ready?"

"Yup." He beams, and I open the front door.

The doctor said I should probably take time of fof school, but I don't listen. And, I'm feeling completely fine, so I don't get why I'd stay home anyways. And if Jae does happent o beat Micheals ass, I'm not gonna be the one to miss it.

I did already try to advise him against fighting, but he said he wouldn't let mIcheal get away with putting his hands on me.

~

~

~

"How do you feel?" Jae asks, his arm secured around my waist carefully avoiding my mid stomach since it's still bruised and hurts a bit. "Headache? Chest ache? Ribache-"

"Wow, you're worse than Dad." Cam chuckles, and he ignores her.

"I'm fine." I mutter. "The only headache I'm getting is from you checking in on me every five seconds. I'll tell you if somethings wrong." I assure him, pushing my glasses up my nose as we break away from the rest of the group to stop at my locker.

I look to my left, pausing when two familiar faces come walking down the hallway.

Nice to see that I left some damage.

"What're you, oh." Jae's entire demeanor shifts when he sees the two of them, his arm around my waist moving and his shoulders tensing up against me where we're touching.

Katie's face looks worse than it did before, her nose looks even more fake than before and her jaw looks crooked. Micheal has a few good bruises and cuts, but neither of them look as bad as I did a few days ago.

"I should kill hi-"

"You should walk me to class, is what you should do." I cut Jae off, grabbing what I need and shutting my locker, before I grab his hand and squeeze it lightly. "Not in the middle of the hallway, Jae. Catch him when he's alone." I then whisper quietly.

He squeezes my hand back, before letting me drag him off to our next class, walking right past Micheal and Katie, neither of us sparing either of them a glance.

*

*

*

"DO you think if I tried to light just a single classroom on fire, I would-"

"Yes." Cameron cuts off Benji, who frowns. "We talked about this last night, Ben. If you commit arson, you're going to get arrested. THere's no way around it."

"Unless I-"

"No." She sighs, shaking her head. "Your boyfriend is kinda slow." She says to Morgan who's too busy stuffing his face with hot chips to pay them any attention.

"Wanna go?" Jae asks me lowly, and I look over at him.

"Go where?"

"Somewhere quiet. I have a headache." I nod and we both stand up from the lunch table.

"Where y'all going?" Diego speaks up.

"He has a headache. We're gonna go chill somewhere."

"Chill." She wiggles her eyebrows. I just roll my eyes, grabbing my bag then taking Jae's hand and leading him out of the Cafeteria.