197 10 29

**Grayson, the next morning(2am)**

I haven't been able to sleep more than 2 hours.

I'm exhuatsed, but I can't seem to fall asleep.

So here I am, sitting in the backyard with a cup of Chamomile Tea, watching the rain pour down and listening to the thunder clap.

The weater matches my mood.

Dark, cold, slightly depressing.

But at the same, very calm and relaxed.

Oddly enough.

I let out a deep breath, looking down at Sugar who's laying next to the Patio chair I'm sitting in, both of us sheilded from the cold rain. His eyes are hsut and he's sleeping soundly, and I sigh, looking back out at the lake that's being poured on.

To yet another sleepless night.

~

"How long have you been out here?" I look up, seeing my dad leaning against the opening patio door. He has on a pair of sweatpants and a plain black t-shirt, his short hair slightly messy and his eyes tired.

"A few hours." I respond, checking my watch and seeing that it's 6am. "You didn't sleep well."

Not a question, a statement.

"The day's coming up."

I ignore his last statement, watching the continous rainfall.

"Grayso-"

"I know." i cut him off, tapping a familiar rhthym against my thigh. "I know, Dad."

He sighs, resting his hand on my shoulder and giving it a gentle squeeze.

"Try to get some sleep, Gray. These next few days are gonna be hard."

Hard is an understatement.

**
**
**

At 9:45, after I've had four cups of coffee and fully showered, got dressed into a pair of black nike sweats that are way to big for me along with a plain grey cami crop top, I'm sitting in my room, watching the rain pour outside my Window.

Yeah, this weather basically sums up how the weeks gonna be.

I stand up, pulling on my ankle socks then grabbing my phone and heading downstairs with Sugar following closely behind me. "Want a treat?" I ask him softly, and his hanging tail slowly wags, but it doesn't wag as fast as it typically would.

He knows, too.

I give him his treat, taking the baggy back upstairs with me, going into my room and getting in bed. He jumps up with me, laying across my legs and I take out my phone, checking the time.

9:51

Jae should be here soon.

I need to talk to him about a few things before this week starts. I should get it off my chest before I isolate myself for a week to drown in self pity and remorse.

*

*

At 10:30, I'm officially concerned.

Jae hasn't answered my messages and he isn't here, and Morgan says he hasn't heard from him since he left early this morning to go over to Benji's house.

I grab my converse and a hoodie, pulling both on them grabbing my umbrella and phone, heading downstairs.

I open the front door, stepping out and putting up the Umbrella, heading down the steps and the long driveway, going to Jae's house.