137 9 25

**Jae, A week later**

"So, New York?" I ask, and she sighs quietly

"Yup" She mutter back, her tone matching my own.

"How long?"

"Dunno," Is her response, looking over at me where I'm sitting against the wall next to her. "I asked if you could come..." She trail off, and I look over at her quickly, my eyes flashing with hope. She just shakes her head, and it dies almost immediately.

"Are we clingy?" I asks, a light laugh escaping me. "We're acting as if you're leaving forever."

"We're definitely clingy, but I like being with you. Not other people."

"Even your family?"

"Especially my family." She scoffs in response, making me smile. "Come over and help me pack." I sigh, standing up and stretching my arms a bit.

"Coffee, first?"

*

*

*

*

*

"You guys make me wanna puke." Cam gags playfully as she shuffles through Grayson's bathroom for a blowdryer.

"Don't be mean, Babe." I glance over at Cameron's current situationship that she won't admit she's absolutely in love with, Hailey.

She's a cool girl. She's chill, matches Diego and Grayson's vibe pretty well. Doesn't really give a fuck about much, but still cares about the things that's important to her.

All Cam's done is talk about her for the last two weeks.

"Are you seriously gonna straigthen your hair? When it might snow?" Grayson asks as her twin steals a flat iron, piling it along with the other junk in her arms.

"Who knows? We might end up at a funeral."

The room is quiet for a second, before Grayson glares at her twin.

"Don't say that, no ones dying."

"You don't know that." Cameron just shrugs back. "I'll bring it back when I'm done. Come on." She says to Grayson, then to Hailey, who shoots is a nod before following Cameron out of the room.

I watch as Gray sighs quietly, folding up her last pair of sweats and putting them into her suitcase, then looking at me. "You alright?"

"I don't wanna go." She shrugs back.

"Is your Grandpa-"

"He isn't dead, nor is he dying." She quickly cuts me off. "I don't even know why she'd say that." She then adds quietly, rolling her eyes.

"Then hopefully, it'll be a quick trip." I assure her, scooting across the bed and pulling her so she's laying between my legs, her back against my chest while I wrap my arms around her. "When you come back, I'll take you to this new bookstore I found the other day."

"Okay," She murmurs quietly, leaning her head back against my chest. "And you'll take me to get Tacos."

"And I'll take you to get Tacos." I add, smiling a little. "When does your flight leave?" I ask, and she looks at the time on my watch.

"Six hours." She responds. "So, we'll probably leave in about two."

She's been sulking all week about going ont his trip, claiming she just wants to leave and get it over with, but then also saying she doesn't wanna leave at all and just wants to stay here with me.