Chapter 4

Chris's POV

"I'm sorry, Chris. I really am. I can't be with you anymore, the distance is way too much for me. And to add onto the fact that you are rooming with Autumn now that she has the job, it's too much for me. I can't sit through road trips without thinking at least once that you could be cheating on me. It's not that I don't trust you, I do but I'm just scared," Grace says with tears in her eyes.

Those tears are fake.

"But Grace, please don't go. I'll stop rooming with her on the road, I'll room with Cam again and have her room with either Brass or Hayes. Please don't leave, I love you," I say, with real tears in my eyes. I truly do love her. Hell, we've been together for close to two years now.

"I'm sorry, Chris. I can't do this anymore," she says, walking toward me. She kisses me one, final time. Then kisses my cheek, walks back toward the door, puts on her jacket and leaves.

I'm just lying on the couch of mine and Autumn's shared apartment in our living room. Autumn.

She's the reason the best thing that has ever happened to me walked out of my life. Did I make it that easy for her to leave?

But at the same time, I can't help but feel... relieved that Grace is out of my life. For some, sick, twisted reason, I feel like it was truly my fault that I wasn't here for her. Even though I knew that she was cheating on me while I was on the road.

How I knew, you ask? It's obivous, she was never like Autumn. She never came to the airport when I arrived back home after road trips. She never surprised me at road games, no matter where they were. And if she were away, she never surprised me at home games.

Autumn........ why can't I get her out of my head?

I walk upstairs to grab my speakers. I need to blast some music to get this all out of my head.

Maybe I'm realizing something I should have all along? I can't be.

I decide to put "See You Again" on repeat and plug my phone into the speakers.

Maybe now I understand why Autumn always left when Grace came over. I think I understand now. She must have seen right through her as soon as she got the job.

A/N Hey guys! This chapter was just the previous chapter retold in Chris's POV. I'm gonna try to get another chapter out. I also changed Cam for Derick because I had a bright idea hahaha. The next chapter is going to pick up where I'm leaving off here. It's still gonna be Chris's POV and it is going to pick up where I left the previous chapter off. That made no sense but I hope you know what I mean. '_'