Chapter 8

Autumn's POV

After a solid 15 seconds, we pull apart. He rests his forehead against mine, staring into my eyes. God, those eyes. I could stare into them all day if I had the oppurtunity to.

"Did you feel that too?" He says, looking into my eyes for a response. I nod very slowly. I didn't think he did either. Yes, I'm talking about that cheesy "firework kiss of true love". I don't believe in love, but I guess this is what it feels like?

I lean back up to him, reconnecting our lips for only a brief moment before his phone starts to ring from the other room. He leaves to answer it but stays within earshot.

"Hello?" A short silence. "This is him, may I ask who this is?" A period of silence. "Wait- you have to be kidding right?" Another period of silence. "No, you're joking." Yet another period of silence. "I'll be there with her as soon as possible." Silence. "Thank you, goodbye."

He comes back into the room, looking very stressed out. "Sorry to interrupt our day off but we are kinda needed back home, something..er.. happened," he says, while getting dressed.

I jump out of the bed and change into the outfit I had on earlier, before the whole incident.

"Chris, calm down. What happened?" I asked him, grabbing his arm as soon as we were both dressed. "Autumn, something happened back home. My dad's house was broken into and robbed. Our dads were having a guys' night while our mothers were out. Once they realized that they were being robbed, they tried to stop the robbers from getting away with anything. But the bad news is that they were both attacked but the alarm sent police there as soon as it happened. The hospital they are at called me but can't inform us about their conditions until we are there. We need to get back." He says, avoiding my eyes.

I can't cry now. I wrap my arms around his waist and pull him close to me. He wraps his arms around me, securing me in his bear hug.

He leans down, as I lean up, and kisses me breifly. This was not a hot kiss for pleasure or lust. This was a kiss of love and passion.

We were both going to be strong through this.

A/N Hey guys! Sorry about the short chapter, I wanted to get something up today. I posted a new story! It's called "Off the Ice" and it's about Derick Brassard! Check it out please!