Chapter 18

Chris's POV

This offseason is gonna hurt. So many people, including myself, thought this was our year.

Well, it clearly isn't. And everyone saying that there's always next season doesn't help at all. 

Today is kinda the first day that I'm seeing Zucc around MSG since his injury, and that only means breakup day. A.K.A The day where we pack up all our shit and leave our the memories in this locker room behind. 

There isn't even any guarentee that next season we are gonna see the same faces around here. Hate to say it, but that scares me. These guys are basically my family and I hate to see any of them leave.

Today is always a goodbye and only occasionally a see-you-later. The only time I can remember this being a see-you-later was last season when we made it to the Finals but lost. That was only because there was only two months between then and training camp.

Breakup day normally consists of more than two interviews but today it was mainly around Zucc and his injury and their regular interview with Hank. But I'm guessing that everything works out in a way, am I wrong?

I finish packing up my crap and say a somber goodbye to everyone, well that's a lie. I couldn't say a goodbye to Cam because I'm more than likely gonna see him in a few days before he and I go back home or on vacation for the offseason. 

I walk into the trainer's room to see my lovely girlfriend packing up her own personal items from her office. 

It's scary to think that even Autumn may not be back by September and that really scares me. I can't lose her. 

I see her struggling to reach something on a high shelf, something of which that I remember putting up there. I walk up behind her and grab the framed piece of net with ease. 

This was from the net that she minded during her first championship win before. This has been with her wherever she has worked, only if she had a personal space that she could bring things into. She had this while she was working with the Wolfpack before being secured the job here.

"Thank you, sweetheart." She says, turning around and leaning up to try to kiss me, failing because of her height. I lean down so it is easier for her to reach me.

I sit down on the trainer's table until she finishes gathering her own stuff, leaving the rest of the room to Jim to pack up.

We walk out of the arena through the main entrance so we can take in our last glimpse of the arena before leaving it for a few months. I normally do this, but it feels much better to be able to do this with someone.

Once at the entrance, we say goodbye to the guy that works in the MSG shop by the front entrance and walk out into the streets of Manhattan. 

It's abnormally quiet for being a big city. We don't even bother driving home. We didn't drive here to begin with. 

We walk through the theater district, and basically just keep going until we hit our building.

We wordlessly decide to go explore the outer boroughs, A.K.A. Queens. 

Autumn has been into Queens many more times than I have so she knows what we could do.

I let her drive, since she knows where we would be going either way.

We drive for a little while and pull up across the street from a large park.

"Where are we?" I ask her, looking around at unfamiliar surroundings.

"Forest Park, this is basically where I would go while you were with Grace and no one else could meet up." She says, grabbing my hand and leading me through the park.

We pull up to what looks like a band shell, like a place that bands would perform in outside.

She guides me to the band shell and we sit on the edge of the 'stage' area.

This park is really peaceful, then again, it's surrounded in forest like trees.

We just hang out at Forest Park for a few hours and end our day going on a carousel.

She and I are sitting in a chariot. She leans her head on my shoulder and I wrap an arm around her shoulders and pull her closer to me. 

Perfect finish to a sad day, if you ask me.

A/N Hey guys!!!! Sorry if this chapter wasn't as good as it would normally be, it's a filler. Either way, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and leave your feedback as votes or comments or both. Byeeeee