Chapter 11

Autumn's POV

I feel like I should say something before this progresses too far.

Chris and I were together for 3 years back when we were leaving middle school and going into freshman year of high school.

I was in love with him, he was the first love I ever had. I was heartbroken when he broke up with me for one of my closest friends.

I don't think I'm over him yet.

Having him act this way is bringing back so many memories that it hurts.

He was my first everything, almost.

He was my first friend in a town that my family moved into; my first crush; my first boyfriend; my first kiss; my first love and my first heartbreak.

To make it worse, he was the one that took my virginity.

Having him act all lovey-dovey with me brings everything back. I'm not scared of love but I certainly do not think that anything would be the same.

They say that if you were together then broke up but remain friends, it means that it is true love or never was love from the start.

I'm really not sure of what it could be.

We get back to Manhattan after another 5 hour drive, with exceptional amounts of traffic.

"Are you okay?" I hear Chris ask hazily from the passenger seat. My eyes dart around a bit, realizing that I had parked the car and took the keys out of the ignition in the parking garage and hadn't unlocked the doors yet.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking, 's all." I say, gathering my composure again. Chris nods and turns to face me.

"You're not fine. There's something wrong, I can tell," he says, "What is it?"

What isn't it? I should just tell him.

"Chris, I have no idea how to say it but what isn't wrong? You are clinging to me and acting as though you like me because you're just heartbroken. Maybe now you realize that being heartbroken isn't as easy as it looks, don't you? Remember when we were dating Chris? Every time I said I love you, I meant it and I still do. Chris, I still love you and if you're just looking for a rebound, then please look somewhere else. I wouldn't be able to deal with another round of heartbreak from the same person. I love you and I couldn't keep it in any longer. If you don't feel the same way, I'll leave you alone. I won't bother you anymore. Just give me the word." I admit to him, with tears in my eyes.

A few moments of silence go by and I unlock the doors and go to step out of the car and run, when I'm stopped by Chris grabbing me by the wrist.

I try to rip myself from his grasp but it is too strong. I give in and he pulls me back, gently as if I were a fragile piece of glass, as though he were scared to break me.

He pulls me to face him, which I, reluctantly, follow his movements.

He visibly tries to make eye contact with me, which everytime he has me in gaze, I look away. I avoid all eye contact with him, that is, until he cups my face in his hands and forces me to look him in the eyes.

Upon looking into his eyes, I see that he is finally comprehending everything I had said. I also see sadness and that his eyes are glassy, something that I hadn't ever noticed before.

"What's wrong, Critter?" I ask him, in almost a whisper.

He remains silent, as if pondering what to do next.

He steps out of the car on his side, tugging me with him. I don't resist his touch this time.

He tilts my chin up, leans in and kisses me gently.

I kiss him back, gently as well.

He backs me against the closed door of his car. He lifts me up so my legs are wrapped around his waist. He supports me with one strong arm and places a hand on the back of my neck, deepening the kiss. I melt into his touch, grasping at his hair.

I feel those stupid fireworks again.

I feel him wrapping his arms around me, supporting me further. Allowing my arms to fall around his shoulders, I break the kiss and lean my forehead against his.

"Autumn, I love you too. I always have. I don't remember why I broke up with you in the first place. I was too blind to see what I had in front of me. I've never loved anyone the way I love you, how I still do. I don't want a rebound, I want you. I want you to be willing to try 'us' again. Are you willing to give 'us' another try?" He asks me, with a glint of hope in his big, brown eyes.

I nod silently, making contact with my grey eyes.

He places a gentle kiss between my eyebrows, where I love being kissed.

"You remembered that?" I ask him, surprised.

He nods.

He leans his forehead against mine, again, and puts me back onto the ground.

I grab his hand and lace our fingers together. We begin to walk into the apartment building, in sync.

He runs ahead of me a little and opens the door for me.

"Why thank you, fine gentleman," I say, giggling.

"It was my pleasure, m'lady," Chris chuckles.

This could be the start of something great.

A/N Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter. Above or to the side is the color of Autum's eyes (if the damn link works). Leave your feedback, yada yada same ole same ole. Byeeeeee