Scarlet's Father

"I want to know about my biological father now." I say looking down and getting a shiver which causes El to come over and wrap his arm around my shoulder.

"Alright Bebita." He says comforting me. "I'll tell you as much as he told me which happens to be quite a lot." He explains. "Your father Magnus Lazarus Orpheus was born in 1100 in Romania. Well you know what he looks like, I'm sure your mother told you. He was a General serving Vlad the Impaler in his conquest for control. He was an exceptionally gifted as a human. The Siege of Poenari Castle is where your father was changed. This castle was perched atop a cliff like a eagle's nest at an altitude over 800 m, the Poenari castle was supposed to be one of Vald's most impenetrable fortresses in Romania. It was built in the early 10th century as it was the main seat of the House of Basarabs Or Tepes, but it was soon destroyed in the siege of Poenari Castle in 1040. Your father said it wasn't until the Early 1000s that Vlad the Impaler set his eyes on the castle recognizing its potential and invested consolidating and repairing it, making it his main fortress. Your father said that Vlad forced young and old to build it under heavy guard, exposed to harsh conditions and deprived of sleep. The sun, rain, wind blackened their faces; their clothes hung in shreds around their haggard and careworn features. Some of their eyes burned with rage others with submission. By the end of their torture they were no longer human beings, but machines no longer able to implore their god above to send down his malediction on Vlad who they considered a tyrant. The Knights Templar's entire army marched to the fortress from Jerusalem. Once there they began to destroy the surrounding orchards." He explained with his arms still wrapped around my shoulder.

"The Templars sailed from Jerusalem to Athens, this took them 12 days, then from Athens to Romania with their Calvary, foot soldiers, trebuchet and catapults. Your father new how to find water in the ground so they had plenty of water. They marched from Athens to Romania for 11 days. After burning the Orchards, Gerard of Sidon bolstered a lot of Villagers who hated Vlad and his Tyrant ways. Your father fought bravely with Villagers who agreed with Vlad and his ways, mainly cause they were well looked after by Vlad. Your father began preparing the army to defend the castle. The Castle was supposed to be invincible but there was a spy among Vlad's side, a spy for the Templars. This spy poisoned some of the troops causing them to be slow or weak in battle. The Knights with their siege weapons and the spy easily made short work of the fortress. The spy snuck into Vlad's quarters and assassinated him as he slept unknown to the rest of the army and their generals. You father fought against Bernard de Tremelay. Bernard bested your father stabbing him with your father's own spear. The spy seeing your father dying after being fatally wounded wanted a companion and made your father a Vampire on the spot." He says. "Since then your father has been blood hungry going and killing anyone who was a Knights Templar."

I stand up and turn to him. "So my father is a violent man. He did all that, seduced my mother and took off, Killed several people, worked with the Volturi and he's still after more blood!" I exclaim enraged at my own blood father. "Now he is probably after me." I say looking down tears threatening to spill from them. "All I want is to have a normal life. Find my mate and be happy." I sob as he sands up and walks over embracing me trying to calm me.

"We will protect you bebita." He says rubbing a hand down my back.

"I know you guys will." I say calming down wiping my eyes. "Can we switch the topic to something else or just watch TV till the others get home?" I ask.

"Yes we can, what do you want to watch?" he asks moving me to the couch and sitting me down.

"History is fine." I say leaning back into the couch.

"History it is." He says turning on the history channel sitting down next to me. After several hours of watching TV I fall asleep with my head on his shoulder. He stands up slowly as to not wake me, goes to the kitchen to make me some food as Carmen comes home heading into the kitchen after seeing me asleep on the couch.

"I take it she didn't handle her father's history well?" She asks him setting groceries on the counter.

"No she didn't." He sighs chopping some vegetables.

"Mi Vida, she's a strong girl. Remember she said she spent months on her own and dealt with the loss of her mother, her entire family and her tribe." She mentions.

"Yes Mi Amor I do. She's just a girl though. What can we do to help her other than train her powers for the time she's here?" He says worried as Tanya comes in with the package I left for her, followed by Kate and Irina.

They notice the tension in the room and head to their respective rooms. Carmen puts away the groceries then makes her way to the armchair and sits in it. "That's all we can do, Mi Vida." She says sighing.

"She starts school soon. While she's at home doing school she can be trained by Kate and you." She states as Kate comes down the stairs.

"I'd be happy to train her while she's here." Kate says sitting in the other armchair.

I sleep until Tanya wakes me up to eat a few hours later. I smell the air and instantly decline food. "I'm sorry I don't want that at the moment." I say as I look up at them my eyes darker.

"She needs to hunt." Irina says. "I'll take her." She says coming to my side leading me to the back door and out into the forest where I hunt for the first time.