Hunger

I follow Irina out of the house and into the forest listening to the sounds of the forest waiting to hear anything I can hunt. Irina just watches me as I take off my heels hearing a moose not far from us and I climb a tree with ease looking down waiting for the moose to walk under me, when I catch the sweet smell of blood and I try and fight the urge to go to it. I hop down from the tree onto the moose biting into its neck. After feeding I slowly make my way back to Irina, I soon see people in black cloaks and I freeze and they turn and it's Jane and Alec. I walk over to Irina and stand next to her as they speak.

"Who is this, Irina?" Jane asks staring at me her red eye vibrant against her pale skin.

"This is Carmen and Elezar's adopted daughter Scarlet. Our new Coven Member." She replies placing a hand on my back as Alec looks at me and I smile to be friendly.

"I see." Alec says. "May I speak with her alone?" He asks Irina and I look at her and Jane looks at her brother jealous.

"I don't mind Irina. I'll be ok." I say stepping forward as he reaches out his gloved hand and I gently take It and we walk back into the woods. Once we get further in I let go of his hand and walk next to him. "May I ask your name?" I ask him looking forward.

"Alec. I'm Jane's younger fraternal twin." He replies.

"I'm Scarlet. I'm new to the vampire world so my father is teaching me about it." I say.

"Elezar? I assume he told you about my sister and I?" He asks looking at the ground making sure I don't fall.

"Yes." I reply walking over a root and smiles.

"How did you become a Vampire?" He asks curious.

I think to myself I'm going to have to come up with a story that will work. "Well one day I was walking home when these men attacked me I fought back and I ended up being fatally wounded. Another male attacked and killed the men then decided to change me. He bit me, The pain was unbearable and I blacked out. When I came to I was a vampire, I then wandered to find someone like me." I explain.

"What was your diet?" He asked holding out his gloved hand to help me over a huge root, which I took.

"I refused to eat human blood. It's fatty and you don't know where its been." I say stepping over a rock. "So I hunted animals. I wanted to find a family with that lifestyle when I ran into Carmen. She took me in and I've been here since." I explain stopping as the wind blew a strand of hair in my face. Alec took off his gloves and moved the strand his skin touching mine. I stand still as he does the tiny amount of contact causing my Power Transferal to make a copy of his power. I groan as my eyes darken again as I smell blood again. Alec snaps his head in that direction and then takes off running in that direction and I fight the urge to follow, eventually giving in and following. We reach a hiker wounded laying on the ground and Alec reaches him first and picks the man up by his collar and bites him feeding.

I stand back and clench my fists and holds my breathe as my self-control isn't fully developed. "Alec your sister is probably looking for you." I mention to him as Jane walks out from behind me.

"I always know where my brother is." She says smugly walking past me then turning to face me as Carmen and Elezar join me. "I wonder what ever did you tell my brother?" She asks staring me in the eyes, when all of a sudden I feel this burning searing pain which causes me to collapse screaming in pain. (My shield isn't fully developed either against Jane)

"He asked me who created me." I managed to spit out. Alec sands up and grabs her shoulder a little harder than she expected.

"Leave her alone Jane." He growls into her ear and she stops the pain and walks up to me and slaps my face coincidentally giving me her power. "Are you my brother's mate?" She spits with venom and fury.