Faking the Incident (Vision PT 1)

I decided to open myself to the minds of Alice and Edward. I saw that Alice had shoved an image into Edward's head of Bella sitting up in a hospital bed, smiling, though she was covered in bruises.

"And when exactly is this?" Edward asked seeing through her deception.

"A day or two, okay? Three tops. It's fine. Relax." Alice said and I felt Ed's panic skyrocket as he processed it.

"Three days?"

"She just needs time, Edward." Carlisle assured him. "Her body needs rest to recover, and so does her mind. She's going to be okay." I open up my messages and read.

"Scarlet! What do you mean this is goodbye?!" Sam's message in the group says.

"Red! What are you doing?" Jake's says. "Red you better come home alive!"

"Scarlet! Don't do anything stupid! Harry will have my ass if something bad happens to you!" I read and then see that Sam had added Jared and Paul to the conversation.

"Red! Please come home, You don't have to do  what you're doing!" Paul's message appears. "I'm sorry about how I treated you."

"Red, Please come back! If you die this friend group will never be the same!" Jared's text appears. I then check my missed calls and see 15 from Sam, 20 from Jake, 16 from Jared, 14 from Paul, 10 from Sue, 11 from Seth, 13 from Harry, 30 from Billy, 12 from Embry, 9 from Quil. I sigh then take a deep breath then again immediately regretting it. More of the messages were the same, telling me to come back and be careful and not to make rash decisions. I turn off my phone again and then I look at Emmett and he notices and then nods his head.

I felt Edward's panic and my own held back as I looked into the rear view mirror and see my eyes turning more crimson red. I then hurriedly put my contacts in to hide it and focus on Alice's methodical planning.

The hospital, she saw would be tricky. We all were in a stolen car that was linked to another stolen car and apparently a 27 car pile up on the 101. I looked at Edward and he shook his head as a way to say not now. Alice saw that there were multiple cameras around the emergency entrance. If we could just stop to switch to a better vehicle, something closer to the rental Alice would acquire later.... It was only a matter of 15 minutes or so, just a short detour and she knew exactly where to look.

I heard Edward growl and Alice sniffed once without even looking at him.

"It never gets less annoying." Emmett grumbled internally.

Alice accepted that there was no car exchange and moved on. We'd have to park out of range of the cameras, which would make us more conspicuous. Why not pull right under the metal overhang with our unconscious patient? Why carry her farther than necessary? At least there would be shade for Edward and Carlisle to run in, Otherwise they'd have to brave the cameras and I would have to find my way into whatever security stronghold was used to store the recordings. We simply didn't have the time for that. Alice and I had to check into a hotel and create a scene of a violent injury stat. Because it was supposed to have happened before we arrived at the hospital. So that was obviously urgent. But first she needed blood, the blood should be quick. When Edward burst through the emergency room doors looking like someone had thrown a bucket of Crimson paint on him, and with a motionless body in his arms, it was definitely going to cause a stir. Every able-bodied staff member withing a hundred yards of the emergency entrance would be running to meet them within seconds. It would be simple for Alice to slide in behind Carlisle and walk purposely past the front desk. No one would question her, she could see that. A pair of blue booties available in a box attached to the wall would cover the stains on her shoes, and then it was simply a matter of darting into the emergency's wing blood storage room through a closer door.