Prom Night

(So I'm skipping a couple of nights and small events that are uneccessary.)

I'm at home getting ready for Prom while Jake is waiting downstairs for me. Jake has his hair put into a half up hair do and a white dress shirt with a black tie, black slacks and nice dress shoes. I do my hair, makeup and get into my dress and shoes.

 I do my hair, makeup and get into my dress and shoes

I walk down the stairs holding the railing and when I reach the bottom Jake wrapped hims arms around me and kisses me

"You're so beautiful Dove." He says smiling.

"You clean up nice too Jake." I reply wiping the lipstick off his lips as I take his hand and we make our way to the car. We get in and drive to the school and we park and make our way to the stairs.

"Scarlet, my father wants me to talk to Bella real quick before we go in." Jake says gently grabbing my arm and I stop and look at him.

"About what?" I ask curiously.

"Her choice in partner." He says.

I look at him and then grab his arm gently. "Jake. It's not going to work. She made her choice."

"I have to try Scarlet." He says pulling me close as we both wait for them.

"Jake if they're not here in 5 can we please go inside and dance. Please, I do want something to tell my children whenever I do have them.

"Alright Dove." He replies kissing me on the cheek.

5 minutes pass and they haven't arrived so we head inside after I buy our tickets and then Alice comes over and hugs me before glaring at Jake.

"You look beautiful Scarlet." She complinets me and then whisperes so only her and I can hear. "He stinks Scarlet. Like wet dog."

"Alice please. I know you guys don't like them."

"I like you Scarlet." She replies.

"Yeah well after the incident with Bella I'm going more with my shifter side. I will help you guys if it is needed." I reply looking at her.

"As long as you think you'll be safe." She says before walking off and I look down and wipe my eyes as I started to cry."

"Scarlet?" Jake walks over and grabs my waist. "You alright?" He asks nuzzling into my neck.

I smile and turns around to face him and kisses his cheek. We dance for about 30 minutes when I suddenly hear Edward's thoughts.

"I really can't believe Bella is that terrified of dancing." I hear Edwards thoughts and I scan the room with my eyes and I see them behind Jake and I sigh.

"They're here now." I whisper to Jake.

"We'll lets go talk to them. I kinda wish it was Quil's dad who was insane."

"Wait Jake what you mean insane?" I grab his arm as Edward notices me before I pull Jake to the doorway to talk.

"My father thinks Edward is an actual Vampire. He tried to tell me you were partially one. He also mentioned that you are a shifter like my granfather."

"Do you believe him?" I ask still holding onto his arm.

"I don't know Scarlet." He replies.

"Alright Jake. Let's go try and talk to Bella." I say to him as we walk start to walk over to them and as we get closer I hear Edward snarl and I say mentally to him as well as Bella verbally tells him the same thing. "Behave!"

We walk over to them Jake focusing on Bella and ignoring Edward and I snarl quietly.

"Hey Bella. I was hoping you'd be here." I roll my eyes  as he spoke.

"Hi, Jacob. What's up?" Her voice was warm and nice.

"Mind if I step in?" He asks and I look at him then Edward and Edward gently places Bella on her feet and then takes my hand as they start swaying he starts dancing with me. I remember the vision Alice had of me.

"I'm sorry Edward." I say before I pull away and I walk outside followed by Edward.

"Scarlet, what's wrong?" He asks as I stare at the sky.

"Edward, I know what is going to happen to me soon. I know you know it as well. I don't know if I am going to live or not." I say trying to hide that I'm crying.

"Scarlet?" He reached out to touch my shoulder and I walk away from him. "Scarlet!" He shouts after me. Edward goes back inside and Jake has finsihed talking with Bella.

"Where's Scarlet?" Jake asks worriedly.

"She took off. I tried to stop her. Jake, I think you need to think about your girl. She's no different than me or you." He says before Jake takes off running out of the cafeteria looking for me.

"SCARLET!" Jake yells my name and I stop and turns to look at him tears running down my face. "Scarlet!" He shouts running over to me and reaches out to hug me pulling me into his chest.

"Jake, what would you do if something happens to me?" I ask

"I don't know. Well figure that out when it happens Dove." He says rubbing my head.

"Jake..." I sigh.

"Scarlet. Let's just go back inside alright? We'll handle the future when it comes."

"Jake. Do you still have feelings for Bella?" I ask taking his hand and kissing his cheek.

"I wish to keep her safe if that's what you mean."

"No. I mean do you still want her to be with you?"

He kisses me wrapping his arms around my waist picking me up with ease and setting me on the trunk of my car. "No, I don't Scarlet. I love you. I just wished I saw it earlier. It took seeing you consantly with Sam and almost getting hurt or making me think you were dead to realize this." He says cupping my face in his hands as he wipes away a tear.

"Jake..."  I say holding onto his hands as we kiss again as the fairy lights hanging over head shine while Victoria was in the background watching both Bella and I.

"I won't let any harm come to you Scarlet. I promise."

"I won't let anything hurt you Jake."

We kiss passionately under the lights and stars unbeknowst to us of the dangers that is still looming over the horizion.