Bella's Goodbye

That was the last thing anyone said, as we raced back to Forks. I slept a bit of the drive, all to soon we were pulling up to Bella's home, the lights shining from every window, both upstairs and down. "He's not here," Ed told Emmett. "Alice already knew. "Let's go." Alice and Edward slid silently from the Jeep and I moved to the driver's seat and slid down to the floor as Alice saw the tracker showing up while they were still inside.

"Don't worry, Bella." Emmett said upbeat. "We'll take care of things here quickly."

"Alice." Ed hissed. I heard Alice dart to the truck, dropping to the ground and slid under the running boards. She was totally invisible, even to a vampire.

"Emmett." I heard Emmett scaling the tree, the tree audibly groaning enough I could hear it. He quickly moved to the next tree over.

"Hurry up Edward." I say tight in my hiding spot, the darkness concealing me.

"15 minutes." He reminded her.

"I can do this." She replied in a stronger voice. "I love you," She said in a whisper that strained like a scream. "I will always love you, no matter what happens now."

"Nothing is going to happen to you Bella." He snarled.

"Just follow the plan, okay?" She insisted. "Keep Charlie safe for me. He's not going to like me very much after this, and I want to have the chance to apologize later."

"Get inside, Bella." Ed urged. "We have to hurry."

"One more thing- don't listen to another thing I say tonight." All of a sudden I hear the front door bang open and Bella starts yelling. "Go away Edward!" She screeched at top volume. I then heard the door slam.

"Bella?" Charlie called out alarmed.

"Leave me alone!" She shrieked back. I heard her footsteps pound up the stairs, and another slamming door. I stayed in my position sleep threatening to consume me, but a cramp in my leg broke me from drowsiness and I made a face concealing a groan into the seat. I heard Charlie follow Bella. Charlie from what I could hear was banging on Bella's door, it stopped then started again.

"Bella, are you okay? What's going in?"

"I'm going home!" Bella shouted.

"Did he hurt you?" Charlie demanded through the door.

"NO!" She screamed.

"Did he break up with you?" Charlie asked in a moderated tone.

"No!" She yelled again as Charlie battered on the door impatiently.

"What happened, Bella?"

"I broke up with him!" She shouted.

I then hear a mental voice. "The big one is playing watchman tonight, patience."

Edward then joined Emmett. He heard what I did with Emmett's nudging.

"Edward," Alice said mentally warning him.

"Ed, go to the fucking truck. Stick with Bella's plan it's the best one we've got."

"What happened? I though you liked him?" His voice coming from downstairs. Alice came over to the Jeep. I got into the driver's seat and put it in neutral, Alice pushed it out of the driveway as I turned the wheel. We didn't want the roar of the Jeep's engine to break Bella's action.

"Do I help them?" Emmett asked.

Ed shook his head as we were still moving it quietly as Emmett hopped back into the tree Alice and I got the Jeep a good distance from the house and waited. I propped open the passenger side door for her for when I start the Jeep. "I do like him." Bella was explaining her voice breaking as she was crying freely now. " That's the problem," She railed. "I can't do this anymore! I can't put down anymore roots here! I don't want to end up stuck in this stupid, boring town like mom! I'm not going to make the same dumb mistake she did. I hate it! I can't stay here another minute."