Chapter 18

Harry’s POV

I looked in the window at Niall and Lily. Niall was talking to Lily even though she was asleep. Why do they have to be so perfect?! I know that sounds really selfish but it hurts so much to see them so perfectly together. I want Lily but I know that I can’t have her because she belongs with Niall, they were meant for each other and that wouldn’t be fair to Niall if I took Lily away from him.

“Is everything alright?” Louis asked me.

“Yeah it’s just its bothering me to see Lily so hurt.” I lied hoping that he believed me but I can’t hide anything from Louis.

“Stop lying. Come on; tell me what’s bothering you I’m your best friend you can tell me anything.” He said and pulled me to another hallway so that the Liam and Zayn couldn’t hear us.

“Well it’s just…” I started to say.

“Lily?” He said and looked at him surprised.

“How’d you know?”

“I’ve seen the way you look at her and when she’s with Niall.”

“I can’t help it Lou, I love her but I can’t have her! Why can’t you just fall out of love with somebody?” I said and looked down at my own feet.

“Don’t say that! And it’s not your fault, you can’t choose who you fall in love with. But just give it some time.”

“I can’t Lou! It hurts so much whenever I see them together and I know that I can’t have her because she belongs with Niall. They were meant for each other and if I come in then I’ll just mess everything up!”

“Don’t worry mate, one day you’ll find your true love too.” Louis said and we made our way back to Lily’s hospital room.

Lily’s POV

“Lil? Lily can you hear me?”

I heard someone say. It sounded like Niall. I heard more people talking, it sounded like Harry, Louis, Zayn, and Liam. The air smelt like a hospital but why would I be in a hospital? Then I remembered what happened. The kiss that led to the fight, Niall and Demi, going to riding, Cody, the fall, and the pain. As I was remembering everything my eyes opened and I was blinded by the light.

“Lily you’re awake!” I think Zayn said and once I 'could see again I looked around. Beside me where Zayn, Niall, Louis, Harry, and Liam and there were machines and wires all around me, and needles in my arm. Ew! I hate needles!

“Hey Lil how are you?” Liam asked me.

“Where am I? What happened?” I asked them and before they could say anything a doctor walked in.

“Ah, Miss. Smith. It’s nice to see that you’re awake. How do you feel?”  The doctor said.

“Doc, she doesn’t remember anything?” Liam said.

“I suspected that she would forget some things since she hit her head pretty hard. But Lily what’s the last thing you remember?”

“I remember that I went for a ride and then I fell. Then everything else is kind of a blur.” I told him. “But why am I here and why are there needled attached to me and when can I go home?”

“Okay, that’s good that you’ve only forgotten a little bit, and you’ve sprained your ankle and you’ve lost a lot of blood so we’ve had to give you some. Also you were quite dehydrated and we needed to get some fluid into you so that’s what the needles and wired are for. We are going to keep you overnight just to make sure everything is alright and you’re free to go tomorrow morning.” He told me after he checked the IV and my blood pressure, he left.