• FIVE •

ZURI

ZURI

I stared at myself in the mirror, groaning for the 30th time, once again disappointed in the "cute" outfit I had created in my mind.

I imagined the black jumpsuit looking cute on my body, but I had forgotten that I'm built like a fucking barrel.

I groaned, again. I stripped out of the jumpsuit & plopped down on the bed, naked.

I want to leave & have a bit of fun, but how?

I want to forget everything for a bit, to take my mind off the fear I have for him. I want to feel at peace for at least 2 minutes, even if it means I have to socialize with random people, so they'd get my mind off everything going on.

I sighed & looked around the messy room filled with clothes tossed around everywhere.

I spotted a brown dress from afar & smiled. I don't even remember putting the dress in my suitcase, but again I was in a rush & didn't care about what I was throwing into the suitcase.

I stood up & grabbed the dress. I analyzed it before trying it on. I made my way over to the full body mirror in the corner of the room & stood in front of it.

I smiled.

The dress fitted my body perfectly. It didn't outline my stomach like the other dresses do.

For the first time, I liked being in a dress other than the dresses my mother sent me from Nigeria.

The dress covered my ankles & it has a slit on the left side, the slid stopping mid thigh showing off skin.

I danced in the dress making sure it was danceable. I then bent over & began shaking my ass, also checking if it's twerkable.

"My ass is fat." I widely smiled staring at it.

So is your chin.

I frowned & slapped myself in the head, then groaned in pain. Your mind can either be nice to you or be your biggest hater.

Disregarding the negative thoughts, I smiled at myself in the mirror loving the way I looked.

The light brown color of the dress made my dark skin pop. It matched me so well & I loved it.

"Okay now time to leave & socialize." I clapped my hands together & happily skipped around the room.

•••