• ONE •

ZURI

ZURI

I grabbed my belongings & left my cousin's dorm. I grabbed my phone & checked the time. 2:05 am. My car isn't parked far from the college, it's only a 3 to 5 minute walk.

My cousin wanted me to stay the night at his dorm but his roommate is rude & stingy. His roommate claimed I couldn't stay because I'm a girl & it's an 'only boys' dorm.

I wanted to park at the college but because I'm not a student, I wasn't allowed to park on college campus. I was only allowed in because I was I helping my cousin move in & get settled into his dorm.

I sighed to myself & grabbed my headphones putting them in my ear. I scrolled through my playlist & found the perfect song I wanted to vibe to as I walked alone.

I had a taser & a pocket knife in my pocket, just to be cautious although there was no one in sight. There aren't any cars, the roads are empty.

I continued on walking, singing along to Clouded by Brent Faiyaz.

The song ended & I sighed, remembering the song is only a minute long.

As I'm heading into the parking lot where my car is located, the voice of a man pleading caught my attention. I looked around & didn't see anything.

I turned around & across the street was a dark alley way. I shook my head & turned back around. I'm minding my damn business.

"Not today Jesus." I whispered to myself.

"P-Please!" The pleading got louder & I sped up my pace, determined to reach my car.

"H-Help me lady!" The man shouted & I stiffened.

I silently prayed for the man.

I won't help him but I hope Jesus will.

I looked over my shoulder & across the street in the alley way was a tall dark figure standing over a bloody older man, who held up his hands in defense.

I slowly turned around & looked across the street. Me & the man locked eyes. He pleaded with his eyes, desperate for me to help him. I shook my head.

My breath hitched when I noticed the silver dagger in the tall man's hand.

In a blink of an eye, the figure slashed the dagger through the man's throat, blood splattering on the brick walls & onto the tall man's clothing.