7.

as soon as the boys left the room i glared at mom.

"why are you doing this?" i spoke coldly.

"because i don't want you to be hurting baby. i don't want you to accidentally cut too deep and die before me. i want you to reach out and form relationships with people who care about you. you're father left and wants nothing to do with us, i wouldn't bet on him wanting to take you if i die." she spoke.

"d-die? what the hell! why are you even talking like that?" i spoke with tears running down my face.

"baby please, i just want you to accept what's most likely going to happen." mom spoke softly.

"don't even fucking mention that! you don't know that! you can't say shit like that." i spit out as i stood up.

"bella stop being so goddamn dramatic! i've come to terms with it so should you." she spoke as she glared at me.

"unbelievable." i spoke as i sat down on the chair with tears streaming down my face.

"what's going on in here?" i heard a nurse speak from behind me.

"i'm just telling her the truth, that i'm most likely going to die and she's freaking out about it." mom spit out.

"i'm freaking out about it because you are all i have fucking left! i have no one mom! no fucking one! i'm alone if you die! i'm sorry i can't be at terms with you dying! i'm going to be alone." i sobbed as i stood up and walked into the restroom.

"for fucks sake bella. this is why you have no one." mom spoke coldly.

the nurse quickly interrupted, "let's take a deep breath. i'm going to page the doctor."

i locked the bathroom door and sat down in the corner sobbing my eyes out.

i heard someone run in and ask what was wrong. it was luke.

"we got in an argument about me dying. i was just telling her the truth." mom spoke softly.

"jenna, don't think like that. secondly, you're all bella has left. how do you think she feels hearing the one person she has on her side that she trusts is going to die?" luke asked calmly.

"i just want her to understand that i'm going to die luke. what i tell her doesn't concern you." mom spit out as she shifted in the bed.

i stood up and opened the bathroom door. i saw luke's expression change from slight annoyance to sympathy.

"i'm sorry i can't be okay with you d-dying. if you really think you are going too i will try to c-come to terms with it." i spoke as i looked at the ground and slowly shut the door behind me.

i sat in the bathroom for 30 minutes before i felt a soft knock on the door. i sat with a blade in my hand. sitting with one always calms me down.

"hey love, you've been in there for a while are you okay?" i heard luke ask.

"just thinking." i spoke blandly.

"about what?" luke asked.

"death." i muttered.

"could you open the door for me?" luke asked calmly.

"i-i'm not going to kill myself don't worry." i stuttered.

i accidentally dropped the blade and felt it cut through my skin.

"fuck." i muttered slowly.

"bella? open the door now." luke spoke as he wiggled the door handle.

i quickly stood up and put the blade inside my pocket and turned the faucet on.

"bella if you don't open the door i'm going to get the key." luke spoke rushed.

i grabbed a cloth and threw it on my hand and opened the door.

i saw mom sitting up in bed staring at me and luke looking like he was about to panic.

"i'm fine see." i spoke as i held my hand behind my back.

"why are you hiding your hand?"