28.

"why not?" michael asked as he slowly walked forward.

"i think better like this." i spoke softly as i turned around to face him.

i was still on the ledge but not leaning off.

"i would really feel more comfortable if you came down." michael spoke awkwardly.

"i'm not going to kill myself. can't you just trust me?" i mumbled.

"look, i don't deal with situations like this very often and i know i'm probably not the best at talking, but please come down. i really really don't want you to get hurt or fall." michael spoke while almost pleading me with his eyes.

"if i come down, let me relapse and don't shit on me." i spoke firmly.

"okay no, that is not up for debate. you're doing so good bella, what's going on?" michael whispered.

"i don't know, maybe i was brought here for my mom's treatment, my mom became mean, my mom fucking abandoned me, and not even two fucking days ago i was raped. what the hell could be going on." i spoke as angry tears were falling down my face.

"bella. i'm sorry." michael replied. "i don't know what else to say."

all of a sudden i heard the roof door swing open.

"bella. baby no." calum whispered as he walked forward.

"i tried mate." michael spoke softly as he took a step back.

"just leave please. i need to think. you have my word i won't kill myself." i mumbled.

"that's not good enough for me." calum spoke firmly. "come down and let's talk."

"calum, please. go." i spoke as i pointed my finger towards the door.

"no. you may have had people who left you in the past, but news flash. i'm not going anywhere. michael's not going anywhere. ashton and luke also aren't going anywhere." calum stressed as he walked closer.

i stared at him blankly before inching forwards to step off the ledge. i stood up and felt my foot slip as i began to fall backwards.

i couldn't even let out a scream. i saw my life flash before my eyes before two pairs of hands quickly grabbed my arms and pulled me back.

i quickly opened my eyes and saw michael and calum holding onto an arm.

"holy fuck." michael spoke as he let go when i was safely on the other side.

"i-i swear i didn't do that on purpose." i spoke as tears filled my eyes.

"i know you didn't. that's why we talk on this side of the ledge so we can avoid that." calum sighed as he brought me in for a hug.

the roof door opened again revealing ashton.

he looked almost nervous.

"i don't know how to say what i'm about to say." ashton spoke softly as he stared in my direction.

"where's luke?" i asked slowly.

"bella, she's not doing well, she's low on the transplant list and unfortunately, luke doesn't think she will live past the next couple days." ashton spoke softly.

i slowly felt my knees buckle as i fell to the floor.

calum quickly dropped down to my side.

"i'm sorry baby." he whispered.

"can i go see her?" i asked softly.

"yeah, she asked to see you." ashton spoke quickly.

we all ran down from the roof and into my mom's room where luke was standing looking sad.

"i-i'm sorry bella. there's nothing else i can do." he spoke slowly.

i walked over slowly and held her hand tightly and laid my head on her arm, slowly letting my tears hit her arm.

"i-i'm not dead yet." mom spoke weakly.

i chuckled weakly as tears poured down my face.

"i-i suppose i owe you an explanation." mom spoke softly.

i looked up at her with red eyes to see her pale and weak face.

"i-i didn't want to hurt you by passing. i acted like a child and i really f-fucking hurt you." mom whispered. "i'm sorry. i didn't mean too. i promise. i just didn't want you to be alone. i knew you were too attached to me and i didn't want to break you."

"you broke my heart by what you did." i spoke in between raggedy breathes.

"this heart break will heal baby, the one from losing me won't. so i needed to make sure you had others. now you have these four beautiful men who are willing to take you in and love you as their own." mom spoke in between breathes.

"d-don't speak its okay." i spoke as tears continued to pour down my cheeks.

"i-i love you baby. take care of my baby for me. i'm watching over you from above." she whispered as she gave my arm one final squeeze.

i dove in and hugged her while mumbling that i loved her too.

luke came walking over while i was bent over sobbing and checked her pulse.

"time of death. 15:18."