15.

"oh baby, i won't ever leave you if i had it my way." he whispered as he held me tight.

after a couple minutes i calmed down and took a step back.

"i'm sorry. i already broke my word." i mumbled as i stared up at calum and luke.

"what word?" luke asked.

"i promised myself never again, and i already almost attempted and broke that." i spoke with a sigh.

"here, how about we talk about this later?" luke spoke quickly before calum could respond.

"go walk around for a bit, i need to have a word with calum." he smiled lightly.

"am i in trouble?" i asked slowly.

"of course not bella! it's okay really." luke smiled gently.

i slowly nodded and walked away. i wanted to go to mom's room, but would she just yell at me?

calum's pov

"what's up?" i asked slowly as i sat down in a chair.

"look mate, i'm going to be completely blunt. i think you're getting way to invested in bella's life." luke spoke slowly.

i nodded slowly, "i know. ash told me the same thing a while ago. i just see so much of mali in her that i can't just let her get hurt or worse."

luke nodded in response. "i just don't want this to get unhealthy. i don't want you to be so concerned that it effects your well being."

i stared at him for a second before asking, "do you think i should distance myself?"

"that's not for me to decide. that is completely up to you. i just don't want to see you hurt as your friend." luke spoke slowly.

"i understand." i spoke as i walked off.

did i need to distance myself? was i really getting to involved?

bella's pov

i walked back to mom's room and tentatively walked inside.

i saw mom turned away from the door sleeping.

i quietly sat down on the couch and plugged in my head phones.

after a couple hours, i saw the door open and mom quickly shoot up.

i looked up to see luke standing there.

"hey bella." he smiled lightly as he walked over to mom.

"just here to listen to your heart and check your vitals." he spoke softly as she laid back down.

mom nodded.

"your heart is getting worse. i'm worried if we don't get a transplant in the next 2 months, that real consequences and issues will come up." luke spoke firmly.

i felt tears enter my eyes which i quickly pushed away.

"see b- "please, no not right now." luke interrupted mom as she was about to comment.

"come bella, we are going back to our place. the other boys already left for home so it's just you and i." he smiled lightly.

i nodded and stood up when mom spoke, "bella is going to stay here with me."

i shot her a look of shock, as she was the one who wanted me to stay with the boys in the first place.

"what? why?" luke asked.

"none of your concern doctor. now leave me and my daughter please. have a goodnight." mom spit out as she pointed towards the door.

luke stared at mom firmly for a hard second before nodding.

he turned to me and mouthed he was sorry before walking out.

i stared at mom and before she could speak i plugged my head phones in and ignored her.

instead of yelling at me, she just turned over and slept.

i felt tears enter my eyes. was i really that much of a burden?

mom spun around suddenly and looked at me.

"bella, could you go home and grab me a picture from the desk in my office?" she asked.

i stood up and looked at my phone. it was 10 pm.

"sure? which one?" i asked slowly.

"the one of your father you and i as a family." she whispered.

i slowly nodded before standing up and walking out of the room.

something was off.