Chapter 14 - War of Dawn and Dusk (3)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Radiant's POV *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"So you were here all those years I have been created?" I have been talking with Alastair to pass my time, though there are barely any topics to ask at all.

"Well, yeah, you know what they say. Can't have the light without the dark. Or you can't have the other without the - you know what I mean." So far he's very interesting to talk to, despite how much time he had to spend in this darkness.

"Don't you feel lonely?" He laughs.

"Of course I do! But, it's much better here than following some kind of King that forces us to do bad things. So I'm glad you aren't dead. And hey, if you let me out, I'd help you kill that ruthless King." Let you out?

"How?" He makes a 'hmm' sound, pondering.

"I don't know. Maybe some kind of anti-seal spell would free me." That does make sense.

"I'll find a way once I get out." He's silent for a moment. "You there?"

"You'd do that for me?" I raise my right eyebrow.

"Well, you don't sound malicious enough to keep here. And this place doesn't seem that fun. For me that is." As if he was hugging me. I felt a chill hit my whole body, enveloping me. "Woah."

"Oh sorry. I, just - you're nicer than what the others have told me." Others? "Yeah, the others. I can talk to other inner darkness here. Strange isn't it?"

"Yeah, I didn't know you can do that." He chuckles, "Speaking o-" A bright light flashes, and then I wake up on the ground, body aching. I gasp for air, seemingly stopped breathing after the time I spent in the Abyss. I'm guessing someone has let us out of the abyss. The second thing that I notice is the amount of body I am surrounded by.

I hear a grunt and a thud of metal next to me, and with a raspy voice, I respond. "King?"

He looks at me, for a moment his eyes were glaring and then he smiled. "Radiant, I'm glad you're okay." He sits up and impales his sword to the ground supporting himself. He reaches toward me, I grab his paw. "The show is not over, it's time to shine, Radiant." He gave me his emergency dagger. It's very short, and I don't know much about using daggers or doing close combat with mortifying creatures but, I will try.

I tried an incantation, "Salina-" I cough, mouth too dry to do any sort of spells. The King pats my back.

"Watch my back, and I'll watch yours." We lock our backs together as a horde of darkness approaches. The King screams and swings his sword, it emitted a flash of light which killed the darkness. "That dagger is enchanted with light as well!" I barely notice darkness charging toward me, and I had to quickly charge back, keeping the dagger's hilt to my stomach once I'm close enough, I thrust the blade. This is bad... It dodged it and I'm too slow to turn around. Damn it!

Even though it's futile, I quickly turn around, and before I can land a hit, it's already disappeared. The King had beat me to it. "Not bad." He says, but I almost died if it weren't for him. The enemy did not give us time to get our bearings as another darkness is sneaking behind Denmark. I quickly thrust my dagger and stabbed it right between the King's left. My heart is pounding.

A familiar sound can be heard from above the skies. "Ipizigiemuelaxima!" A ginormous Faith Code, enveloped the dark sky. It can be heard ticking and banging as the characters on it encircle.

I hear a faint shout by the gate, "Rad--nt!! -un!!" Its Jamis. He's saying something, but I can't understand because of how much noise the incantation is making. But when I realized it, it was too late.

"Jami--!"

...

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Jamis's POV *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The scene before me horrifies me. Radiant, we just met... And yet, when I see you in pain, I can't help but feel obligated to jump in and protect you, comfort you. And so I did, I will live, but will face the casualties of blocking a disintegration spell. And yet, strangely, I don't feel the pain, maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me. Yeah, just keep Radiant close to you as possible. Protect him.

"Well, done, Jamis." I hear a familiar voice, "Don't worry, you both won't get hurt, I refuse it." Its Salinas. "Yes, it's me. And thank you for protecting Radiant."

The bright flash passes silently like nothing ever happened, but it's apparent that the war had left a dozen of lives to die. Their inner darkness is along with them in the afterlife.

"Is it over?" I hear a raspy and pained voice respond in my arms.

"Radiant!" A flip him around and hug him. He gives it back.

"Aren't I supposed to be dead now?" King Denmark seems to still be living as well.

The priest seemed to be bowing down on us. "It's a miracle! They lived! The King lived! Thank you, Salinas!" The nuns had also reciprocated the priest's gratitude. If I were him, I would thank her too. But, I'm far too concerned about Radiant right now. He doesn't look good, I carry him, he's rather light... Too light.

"Jamis, I don't feel so... Good..." He tried to put a paw on my face but before I feel the sensation his paw goes through my face.

I start to panic, "Help!! Radiant's fading!!" I shouted like I never shouted before and the priests and nuns stopped their shower of gratitude for their divine being and surround me and Radiant. They immediately looked professional and ready to work.

"That's not good... Hurry, we must get him to the church." We all ran back to the church.

Radiant... Please don't let go, not yet.