Chapter 30 - Regrets and Longing

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Kipper's POV *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

We have set up camp to rest in. King Denmark helped Numtal and Torga in the tents. While, Haro, Blazer, and Ragire had gone out to get firewood. Me, Radiant, and Salinas are foraging for food. "You know how to hunt?" I ask Radiant.

"Yeah, my Dad taught me how to." He sniffs the air and lowers himself to the ground like a wolf. "I think I can sense a Bimal nearby." He whispers then he quietly sprints behind a bush and peeks. And he's right, a large Bimal is having its dinner with some mushrooms. "Jackpot! It's rare to spot a Bimal This big in the wild."

"Why is that?" I whisper back, to not startle or get spotted by the Bimal.

"They are the very first fodder for many Ferals and they get hunted by Creatures as well." I'm getting a sense of morality for the Feral.

"We...don't need to eat, right?" Radiant looks at me and tilts his head. "Why don't we just let it go?" He looks back at the Bimal.

"Truth is, if you show sympathy to Bimals, they will soon destroy the whole forest. They breed and feed like crazy if they get farther than this..." He keeps silent for a moment, "You'd have to say goodbye to this forest and the rest of the jungle."

"Really from just a single Bimal, all that could happen?" I stare at the still-munching Feral bewildered at the chaos it may show if let loose.

"Never judge a book by its cover, it goes both ways. Even if it's cute, it won't guarantee that it's good." He prepares a spell. "Gargan: Bimap." The tree vines take hold of the unsuspecting Bimal, it squeals and thrashes around. "Kipper stab it!" I froze, I don't want to...to kill. I promised... I blacked out.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Radiant's POV *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Kipper is hesitating, the more he does the harder it will be for me. A vine snaps, then another. "Kipper!" I shout at him, but he doesn't respond, he just stares at the Bimal blankly.

Then in a flash, the final vine snapped and he decapitated it at the same time. "Enough...ᴵ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵗᵒ ᵏᶦˡˡ ᵃⁿʸᵐᵒʳᵉ..." He whispers something, I barely hear it. I approached him slowly.

"Kipper?"

"Huh?" He looks back at his paws, stained in blood. "Did I do that?" "He clenched his blood-soaked paws.

"Yeah! It was so cool!" He laughs, "You okay though?" He looks away. "Sorry, maybe I should have been the one to kill the Bimal. I didn't acknowledged the fact that it'll be hard to kill something." I blurt out.

"I-Its fine." You don't act fine, to me. You're sweating and your eyes are so unfocused. It makes me want to know what you're thinking. "Let's butch this up and bring it back to camp." He hurriedly casts a spell, "Numtal: Isemam." He duplicates himself in six, watching him at work, I can't help but stare at his body since all of them takes off their upper clothes exposing their muscular body, he's ripped and he has this majestic mane. I blush, "Ready Kippers? Heave-Ho!" They all say in sync. "Hup-Hup-hup-hup." And off they went, leaving me gawking at their disappearing figure going back to camp.

I finally snapped back to reality, "Hey! Wait up!" I sprint after the 6 naked wolves. "Why did my soul  have to suddenly leave my body!?"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Blazer's POV *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I'm at the royal library of Nomara. Its been 9 hours and I haven't found a single thing about the Ruined King. All of the documents here does not involved him in any way.

These dates far back as the founding of Nomara. But, it seems that the Ruined King has not been involved with the entire decade of our Kingdom. "King Ashborne... The very first Feline King himself..."

"Hey, Blaze." Cade whispers in my ears, that my fur stands on end. And a groan escapes my mouth.

I turn around and face him, "stop that~" I whispered back. He chuckles, "what are you doing here by any chance?"

"Well, I wanted to help since you've been here since you left me." I grin.

"Is it that or is it because, you miss me already?" He blushes, got'cha you stinky yeen. "Heh~"

"O-of course I do!" A sophisticated Husky shushes Cade. He briefly apologizes to the other Creatures around us and whispers back at me again. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Yeah, quite ironic you get shushed by the most vocal canine there is." He stiffles a giggle.

"That's pff- that's not what I meant." I raise an eyebrow at him. "We can just ask the librarian if he knew about the Ruined King."

"Oh, I already did that." He looks at me with frustrated eyes.

"THEN WHY THE HELL ARE YOU STIL-"

"SHHHHH!!!" The whole room shushes the Yeen.

"SOR- ahem- sorry... why are you still reading here if the librarian exactly told you that there are no knowledge of this Ruined King you talked about?" I shrug. He looks at me with worry.

"Don't look at me like that." He puts his arms around me in a gentle, comforting hug. "Cade-"

"You can tell me, what's bothering you, you know." I sigh. "Come on."

"I have a...future-self that I can talk to." I stop him before he says anything else. "And the most recent I talked to him was when he told me to find the Ruined King at all cost. I don't know what would happen if I don't..." Cade smiles at me.

"Whatever happens, know that I will always long for your touch, your love, and your handsome face." He kisses me. Everyone exclaims in their own, 'Awwwws~' as Cade kisses me deeply.

As the kiss ended, I feel just even a bit hopeful, that everything will be okay. "Thank you, Cade. For everything." I kissed him again, as I feel the tug of never seeing him again.