Chapter 19 - Descendance

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Numtal's POV *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

We have been planning and voting for the whole dusk. The dark spot that Jamis has seen in the Pillars of Creation made us uneasy.

"It may have been nothing-" says the bull.

"Nothing?! NOTHING?!?! That had never happened before!" Says the agitated Wolf.

Salinas is in deep thought and Allure is scrying upon the future, or so he tries. "Anything?"

Allure shakes his head. "It's dark, I can't see anything." That makes the room tenser. Even time doesn't show any indication of what it might be.

"We only have one choice," I said with determination in my voice.

"And what do you suggest we do? Descend and see for ourselves?!"

I chuckle, "That's what I was about to say." Their eyes widen though Salinas is thoughtful.

"It might work. We cannot scry upon our enemies, so it must have been them that is blocking the future."

"Who else would it be?" Said Haro stoic as ever. "I'm sure we already know that. Though the question is how we can stop them."

"Salinas couldn't you just, disintegrate them?" Salinas sighs at the stupidity of the wolf.

"And in doing so, would sacrifice lives that wouldn't even know what happened to them. Or they wouldn't even think that because their souls are destroyed. And Feront, you do know that darkness is everywhere. Wherever you turn, the dark will always be around." Allure nods in agreement.

"Where there is light, there is dark. If she had done that, those who are sacrificed might turn into hatred and become a bigger problem." The Wolf shrinks back.

"S-sorry... I'm just really not myself right now."

Allure remarks, "When have you been not yourself? In every timeline, your attitude is the same. Irritating sure, but brave." A hint of blush shows on Allure's face and it quickly dissipates.

Feront clears his throat, and I'm sure everyone knows it to cover up Allure's embarrassment. "Y-yeah, uh..."

"Well, who's descending then?" Torga cuts in, saving them from humiliation.

"I will."
"I am."
I and Salinas look at each other.

"How about we both-"
"We should go togeth-"

A moment of silence passes by, "I think we should all descend." 'What?' Everyone in unison exclaims at the idea of the bull.

"What? It's not like we're protecting anything in here. And I also want to see the world that we made with my own eyes."

"Though what should we do about our identities?" Feront makes a very good question that makes Allure nod with a blush.