Chapter 31 - Peace for All?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Arthur's POV *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The cave is silent and still. Not a single sound echoes, it's soothing. But, then it's broken by a stray bat screeching but, it immediately dies down. "Allure... How much more time, do you have?" I stare into the abyss, peeking from the shadows without any of them knowing. "Tick... Tock... Tick... Tock..." I mimic a clock counting down an endless time.

"Patience, my King. Soon, we will strike as we planned." Uncle grins happily.

"Uncle, can I ask you something?"

"Anything, child." He sits beside me. Compared to me, he's smaller, it makes me wonder why he doesn't fear me.

"What do you think I should tell Mom when I see her?" The old marsupial ponders.

"That's a hard question. Maybe, ask how she has been. I'm not sure. I never saw my parents." He looks around. "Always been alone."

"Do you think she'll be happy to see me again?" He looks back at me bewildered.

"Of course, she will! I mean look at you, you're so big and strong now, I'm sure she would love to look into your eyes for a very long time." He smiles at me gently.

Uncle, you always had my back, even though I look like a monster now. We both are but, if you didn't follow me that day. You wouldn't be here.

"You're thinking too hard, I can hear it." He chuckles, "Arthur, I have nothing else to lose, except you. When I found you, I felt purpose again. I wasn't alone. So no matter what happens, I will always choose you." I smile at him. "And honestly, who wouldn't, look at your handsome face." He cackles, and the shadows followed suit.

All those who do not have a place in the light, live in the dark. Mostly because they do not have any choice. All stars fade, even those with good hearts. They are only impeding the inevitable. The Darkness who goes out in the dusk are the true killers. They wanted revenge, for a reason, they cannot comprehend. "Your Majesty is our Savior in the Dusk. Those who oppose will be turned. For them to understand the true meaning of despair." The once-silent cave is full of howls and other praises.

'I hope you understand someday, Radiant.'

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Radiant's POV *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I bite into the Bimal meat that we have roasted over the fire. "Mmmm!" Everyone is having a great time, though, Haro seems to be having problems eating it with his long beak.

"Ahh- dang, it... I can't eat it like this." A round of chuckles and giggles comes after.

"Here let me help you, Dear." Salinas took hold of the stick and pulled out the still-smoking hot Bimal meat and fed it to Haro.